Thursday, April 08, 2004

"CUP CRAZY"

Sorry this is a little late and I guess you give me crap for calling the shots on the teams that have already started.

Western Matchups


Red Wings (1.) vs. Predators (8)


Well Nashville is in the playoffs first the first time ever and they could not have gotten a bigger challenge for a 1st round Opponent. Both teams have a goalie that has never played in the playoffs before in Vokoum (an ALL-Star this season) and Legace who is finally getting his big chance. However its the Red Wings man.

Red Wings in 5.

Sharks (2.) vs Blues (7.)

The Sharks often "pull a Keith" by changing the course of the game and ousting a better team. The Blues almost always fall flat in the playoffs and I don't really think this season is going to be any different.

Sharks in 6.

Canucks (3) Flames (6).


The Canucks won't get nearly as far as they would with Bertuzzi who is suspended from the playoffs. The addition of Sanderson and Rucinsky should help perhaps only enough to get past the first round.

The Flames however are one of the hardest working teams in the NHL so don't count them out just yet. This matchup could go down to the wire.

Canucks in 7.



Avalanche vs Stars

Dallas is weaker than they would like most other teams to think. The Lanche I think will shock a lot of people and oust the Stars in a mere 5 games.


Eastern Matchups

Maple Leafs vs Senators

Ah, a good old North of the border matchup. A great way to see two different styles of the game of hockey be played. The Leafs play old school rough and tumble pond hockey and the Sens. play a hybrid of the breezy skating method with a pinch of the smothering trap. I would like to see the Leafs come out here because they work so hard. However I think Eddie the Eagle's days are behind him and I am going to with the Sens in 6 games.

Bruins vs Canadiens


This original six matchup will end quickly with the Bruins skating to the 2nd round in a mere 5 games. In fact if the Devils don't best the Flyers I see the Bruins going to the finals.

Lightning (1) vs Ilsanders (8)
I said it once and I will say it again. The Ilsanders suck. They are by far the worse team that has made it into the post season.

Flyers vs Devils
.

I am going to against the popular vote and vote the way I would have to do if I got paid to write a hockey column and go with the Devils in 7. Can the Flyers win? Sure they can. However if I had to actually put money on it or if my life depended on it I would say the Devils are going to win this series.



Note to Readers:
Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors. Also I hope that I didn't slip and make any smart-ass remarks. Because we all know that smart ass remarks are not what the crew is about.

No comments: