Thursday, May 15, 2003


"Like Ray”

Because of taking vacation time and my hours at Sears being cut I worked maybe 50 hours if that in the past month. Needless to say I haven’t had this much down time in years. Most of it is spent looking for a new job, watching playoff hockey, or spending time with Liza. I think I even managed to drive the poor girl nuts a few days.

However, some people don’t even have to fill time with looking for a job, and do nothing all year round. Like Jenna’s brother Ray. This kid (actually man he turns 30 soon) has beaten the system. He hasn’t worked or cared to work for almost an entire year.

Last summer he got Jenna to buy his beer, but than he met a girl. He now lives with the girl and she lovingly foots the bill for all his expenses. Expenses include food, beer, and free rent. He once wrote a screenplay but as far as I know South Jersey is not a hotbed for people connected to movie studios.

I can’t imagine what he does with his day. It certainly doesn’t involve paying any of his bills, or any of the various other expenses that are years past due. Its amazing that he has managed to maintain a relationship with a girl (quite attractive one actually) this entire time. Showing little or not ambition to do anything other than take up space. He is my idol. Every time he sees me he tells me he is going to LA. Not unlike Kramer.

If he ever does need income I think a book on how to get everything by doing nothing would be a good idea. It’s amazing. I am not sure when Ray’s birthday is off, but I think I shouldn’t have to do anything

No comments: