Friday, June 06, 2003

“Artificial Intelligence”

Last September when I was preparing myself for my last semester of college President Bush was preparing us for a war. One of the main reasons for the GULF WAR II or Operation Iraq freedom was to unearth weapons of mass destruction. I had said I was all for it they had some sort of ACE card that they weren’t telling us. However, reports today make it clear we had no evidence as recent as September.

So I am really confused now. What was the objective of the War? Could they have realized that the whole weapons thing was going to fall through early on and switch gears to the whole free the Iraqi people in the middle of the game? Well it’s clear that ousting Saddam was a good thing kind of changed our minds a few times why we went there in the first place. Was the war just on a hunch?

Granted had Saddam worked with the UN better we wouldn’t have had to go in there in the fist place. That part still doesn’t make sense from his stand point. I know he lives on some sort of crazy world but didn’t realize that he was going to get his ass kicked? Would it have been easier to play it safe and let us go in and find nothing? Or did he figure either way were going to beat his little Iraqi butt?

You think I am confused? A recent poll showed more than half of Americans think we actually found WMD. So were we supposed to accomplish both objectives? Or did we just screw up and decide we might as well topple Saddam while we are there. That whole statue falling down thing made for some good PR.

Were there missteps in the war? Of course. Exaggerations? Apparently. On both sides. The whole Iraq museum looting was blown out of proportion. Most the artifacts were returned, or moved before the war actually started. Well if the US was ran like Iraq, I think I would be looting the Franklin Institute. Hell we do that when our sports teams win or lose. I wonder if anyone will be bitching people weren’t shot when the Vet gets torn apart by fans later this summer.

I don’t know either we got lucky and are 2nd objective is enough to make up for failing (at this point) on our first. Our we were mislead since day one. I have to say my impression of admistration’s intentions is a confused one. I wonder if I would vote for Bush again today. Maybe I would not vote at all. Maybe I have been reading TERMINUS too much.

No comments: