Wednesday, August 20, 2003

“End of Year One”


Roughly around this time last year is when I started this silly little web page. It was right before my last semester of college. Quite a bit has happened since I first published an article.

First off, socially pretty much all my friends were swinging singles. Okay lame singles. However, it’s not the case anymore. I was lucky enough to find Liza who for whatever reason puts up with me. Thankfully, she has been by my side since I graduated college. It has been a long and depressing job search since I finished classes. She has been supportive and the two of us have had a lot of great times together.

Meanwhile Ryan got back with his ex, and even Duke Mr. Antisocial is dating a cool chick right now. Lima Beanz who as Price would say held a candle for Jenna for a long time beat out the competition and won her over. In an unexpected turn no one could imagine last year, the two are starting a family together. They are connected for a lifetime. There is always Drew who shouldn’t get too down on himself. He made it through his first year of law school alive. I hope that he will become a lawyer, because I plan to live a life of crime if I don’t get out of Sears soon. I have to remind myself to ask him when I see him next if killing someone seeking student loan payments is against the law.

Meanwhile there are others like Steve who recently landed a teaching job. Dan K. who will be getting married in a little of a year, I hope his computers don’t grow jealous his wife. I fear Dan will name any kids they have after computer components. For whatever reason he keeps wishing that his company lays him off so I wish him all the luck in losing his high-paying job. The Old Mantis is still around. I am still not sure exactly what he does for a living, but I know it takes him a long time to go to work. Joe is going to be a vet in 4 years, and Rick had many humorous stories for us all.

Price had the most life changing experiences I would imagine just from the stories he gave us about what war is like. I cant even put into words how strange it was to hear about what he went through during the Iraq war.

I covered lots of events, some no one cares about. I have offered many slices of life from my warped mind, and almost every prediction I have ever made turned out wrong.

Drew and MosCOW already had blogs, and soon after that, Jenna started one. Each blog far superior to this one which makes me wonder how I managed to actually increase in readers over the past 12 months. I have taken lots of heat over my lack of proofreading skills, and slammed left and right for what I have written at times. I have provided many laughs both intentional and unintentional. I hope that I have given people something to look forward to checking on the Internet when they sign on. Even a reason to avoid work at their job. It is a chore to write sometimes, and I thought about canceling the blog once or two twice.

My original intention was to wrap up this experiment a year after I started; however, I decided to extend the life of Tucker’s World for the time being. If the end is near anytime soon I will certainly signal the ending for my readers to it does not hit them all at once. Thanks for reading both of you.







No comments: