Tuesday, January 06, 2004

"Dan K Plants a Seed"

So right before I go to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Dan K and I are talking about different movies. I told him I just don't love the Lord of the Rings films as much as most people. I enjoyed the movies, and all but I doubted I would have even seen the final installment of the film if wasn't for Liza.

The discussion went into other movies, and Dan K said sarcastically that every movie can't be Jaws. It was backhanded comment because he dislikes the film. So I figured I would try to beat him at his own game and played right into it. I told him how it still my number one personal favorite film of all time. Now keep in mind I knew he knew this fact. He than let me know that he ment it sarcatically.

He went on to tell me how he always thought Jaws was cheesy so adding that to the fact he thinks so lowly of the film he uses it the way others use Gigili I imagine it was an attempt to get under my skin so I figured I would just shrug it off.
Before I continue let me just state that this is from a man who saw nothing wrong with Star Wars: Episode One the Phantom Menace. Enough said.

So I figure it was just a Dan K ploy to get under my skin, and shrugged it off. I knew he wanted me to get into a whole rant on why Jaws is an awesome movie, and its impact on films in general. Only to fire back at me, but I refused to play his game with not actual real comments just tactics to get me more fired up.

Before the film started I went to take a leak, and for no reason that I can figure I recalled our conversation earlier in the night. I started thinking on how I could have tried to convince to him it wasn't cheesy, and than eventually he would fire back. For a good five minutes I was mad cause I knew he took a shot at this movie to just get under my skin. Meanwhile he was likely just sitting in front of his 7 computers while I was playing out us talking about whether or not the movie was cheesy. Dan not really caring one bit, but just wanting to see how fired up he could make me.

Well I plan to write about the final installment of the Lord of the Rings, because people always ask me, how why don't you write about Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

So that I shall do.

No comments: