Friday, February 13, 2004

“The Other Brother 2: Dinner Time!”

Well most of my readers who are mainly people I see offline were quite surprised to hear that I had a half brother named Rick walking around out there. To be honest I totally forgot myself and recently after years of a falling out with my Father (his father too obviously) he decided he wanted to burry the hatchet. Of course I can’t fault him for that. However leading up to the dinner I was still void of any emotion or nervousness. We all set down for a Hughes Family Dinner.

The dinner went well he showed up with his wife and her child from a pervious marriage who they call “Binky” who thankfully doesn’t have any resemblance to the clown from Garfield and Friends. He is I guess eleven years old and I don’t actually recall his real name. He apparently has a sister and can’t figure out if I am actually related to either of them.

Lets see Rick is my half-brother and Binky and this random girl are his step-sons and a daughter So I guess that makes them my half step-niece and nephew. Carry the one, subtracted by the square root of 16. Um. So if this girl is really my half step-niece her half step-uncle type guy is a few years older than her cause I think I was told she was 21 or something.

We all had dinner together and I spoke more to Rick than Bill (my full brother) and could not get over that fact that he looks exactly like my father. It really bugged me out. If anyone sees Liza with her digital camera be sure to ask to see the picture, because its uncanny. Thankfully Rick who is in his late 30’s (odd for me to have such a gap) has a full thick head of hair which puts me at ease. That would also

I have seen him once again since the dinner and although I don’t see us entering the three legged race anytime soon I certainly see another family at the dinner table for holidays and such.

No comments: