Friday, March 26, 2004

“EL PLATO LOCO LA NOCHE?”

So big JR came back last night but it didn’t matter because the Flyers played awful. Anyway that wasn’t the biggest thing that happened last night. Liza and I got takeout from EL PLATO LOCO. EL PLATO LOCO is a Mexican restaurant that opened down the street from my house.

Now keep in mind I don’t really care for Mexican food, but I have grown a morbid curiosity if this business succeeds or not. Everyday after work I pass by and count heads. I haven’t ever seen more than about 3 groups of people there. Usually its only two small groups.

So we order take out so we could watch the Flyers game. When we meet up with one of the workers she was al excited and went to hand us a menu. She had no idea I guess that we were the same people that had placed an order about 15 mins ago. I almost felt like ordering up another meal. The place was empty. I saw just one guy sitting with a friend who might have been the owner.

I liked the food about as much as I can like Mexican food. Maybe the place just does lots of take out? I really don’t think anyone knows they are there. They should put and AD in the Courier-Post or at least put their menus in the doors of the neighborhood houses. They just got a new sign I hope they can afford it.

Drew, Jay I know you like Mexican food next time you are over Duke’s just call (856) 435-6555 I can you get you guys a menu if you want. You can order up some Mexican food made by actual Mexicans and help some Mexican guy achieve the American dream of owning your own business and having it succeed.

Just do it for the bored Mexican guys.


No comments: