Wednesday, May 05, 2004

"Tucker Bans Spidey"

I generally didn't care for the Spiderman movie that was out a few years ago. Maybe it was since it took me so long to see it, or maybe I just wanted Rich to have a good time. Whatever I didn't really care for the film at all. I thought it was way to campy for a first film in the series, however the trailer for Spiderman 2 made me want to see it. It was easily one of the best trailers I have ever seen and it almost worked on me.

However Spiderman 2 is going to be on my growing list of bans. Mainly because the film (that everyone already knows about anyway) has completed a marketing deal with Major League Baseball. All the bases and pitchers mounds will be decorated with Spiderwebs and from what I understand the films logo. Now that is just too far. Its sick. Maybe I should boycott baseball to since they are the whores getting all the money for this shameless deal. However at this point I am just putting Spiderman 2 on the ban list.

From the Drudge Report: (sorry Drew)
The deal is baseball's latest attempt to develop a splashier national marketing image. "In an ultracompetitive sports-entertainment environment, you have to take risks," says Tim Brosnan, MLB's executive vice president for business.


Splashier national marketing image??!?!? Oh Spiderman 2 is really going to make people watch baseball. How sick. Horrible Horrible Horrible.

Spiderman 2...............BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNED!

No comments: