Thursday, July 07, 2005

"Sometimes You Know Them"

Over the fourth of July weekend there was a terrible accident towards the shore on the Black Horse Pike (322) near route 50. A car full of teenaged girls speed into and flipped over a medium slamming into another car in the opposite lane.

In the other car were two woman. One of which lived right across the street from me my entire life. The car with the teenage girls burst into flames and all 5 people were killed.

It's amazing how many articles fill the local papers of such accident, but it is really different when you know them.

I have been over that strech of road several times. I cant imagine how fast the young girls must have been going to flip over the medium.

Now I wasnt really close with the woman. However, she had a comcial unspoken compeition to beat my mother with house decorations for each holiday. If one put decorations up for the next holiday on the calendar with in an hour or so the other one would have their stuff up.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Is your neighbor going to be ok? It is true when they say, you think it will never happen to you (or a loved one, etc.) but when it does it makes you think a little differently about how you do things. At least it does for me?

Anonymous said...

MEDIAN the word is MEDIAN.

keith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
keith said...

She was killed in the accident all 5 people were. Her husband died years ago.

keith said...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/07072005_nw_qintuplefatal.html



Thats the link, that I was supposed to post on the site. I guess I didnt make it clear (it certainly would be with the link) that my neighbor was actually killed.


There are pictures of the cars the one the teenage girls were in was almost totally burned up.