Monday, March 20, 2006

"UGh"

I thought this weeks Sopranos was really good.

However, the minute I got to work people were bitching about it.

Saying that "Nothing Happened" and there were no "Expolsions or deaths"


It really drives me nuts. The show is about two famlies. The blood family and the crime family. This episode in particular was about the blood family. Call me a nerd, but I like character driven episodes. Which is why I liked season 4 so much, which is clearly the least popular.

I mean in that season you had Tony and Carmela break up, Ralph become a simpathic character (briefly), watch the slow corruption of Carmela's cousin Brian, and the really two faced side of Paul Walnuts.

You can't have a scar face type plot every week.

What show does?


I still think she show has remained great the entire run. Its one of very few shows that I actually "Love" on the air right now, and there about 5 I "really Like"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you there, Keith. It was a really intriguing episode. I loved the way they treated Tony's comatose dream state. Really inventive stuff, especially with that metaphoric lighthouse on the horizon.

I also liked how Christopher told Paulie he shouldn't get Tony a boom box, then he did it himself. Everybody's jockeying for position duing this power vacuum.

This is great storytelling. We learned so much about different peoples' personalities and motivations without the need for a single gunshot. And we got to hear Gandolfini without his north Joisey accent.

And how friggin' awesome is Edie Falco? She should be getting a million per episode just like Gandolfini. She's remarkable. [TL]

keith said...

yeah she was really awesome in that scene where in the hospitial. Not to mention they played Tom Petty's American Girl.