Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Rise & Fall"



So if you looked at the Philly Skyline recently, you might have noticed there is something rather large in the middle of center city. Well, that is the frame of the soon to be finnished Comcast Tower. It will be the biggest building in all of Philly. I can actually see it down the street from my apartment where you can see the whole skyline.

Here is what it will look like when it is done. RIght now, its not too much to look at just the frame of a building, but its already taller than One Liberty.

Now a recent article I read about the Curse of William Penn, pointed out something I never heard before. I didn't validate this but it claimed there are actually 7 buildings bigger than William Penn. The Philly teams since 1983, when the law to not build anything bigger than William Penn was over turned have gone to the finals and lost a combined 7 times. A building for each heart breaking defeat in the finals. Could this mean the Phils will lose in the World Series this fall? Will the fall into the same fate as the others? Is this rise of this building going to make the Phils fall short? The current time table is actually this fall for the tower to be totally done. Only William Penn knows for sure. Well, also Doc Brown, what with that time machine and all.

1 comment:

keith said...

TL

My friends and are too young to recall a championship.

It is all I got, unless I want to admit I have wasted my life caring about the teams. Well not that stupid basketball team, they suck.

But its all I got. To hold on to the notion that an evil ghost of some dead guy from the colonial times is using his evil satanic powers to prevent ours hearts being felt with joy.

Let me please have a my crutch thank you.