Friday, August 30, 2002

[8/22/2002 8:45:48 PM | keith H]
"The Net"

Last night I returned home from a night out with my friends. My ritual of checking my e-mail before I go to bed was especially sweet last night because I figured people would have become aware of Tucker's world at this point.

YOU GOT MAIL exclaimed an excited Steve Chase...but that would have to wait. It's time to see what comments await for me on my infant Blog. Sadly there not a sole welcomed Tucker's World to Cyber Space. So I figured it test the system and post a mock comment. Much to my surprise I neglected to add this feature to my site.

Ah, I will just go into my settings and make a few corrections and away we go! With in a few minutes I humbled myself and resorted to the "?" Icon. I asked kindly about adding a comments feature to Tucker's World. I knew this was possible and I don't doubt it has been accomplished by retarded kids and gifted apes. However I soon discover that you have to go to a third party in order to add on this feature. We can use computers to make Mick Jaggar look 30 and put our heads together in order to create a featherless chicken, but we have not mastered the comments feature on the Blog system.

Anyway, an entire list of third parties jumps on my screen which are preceded by what type of computer software and various other requirements are ideal for running the program. Well, I know my Computer can't do what Richard Pryor's did in Superman III, but would like to think it could do what Dan K.'s did in 1996. So I randomly select a few the 1st one involves me filling out too much so I grow tired of it. The 2nd one tells me how easy it is. When I complete the form it tells my they are no longer accepting people. I felt like I just got turned away at some sort of cyber space night club. Finally I find one that I can follow. So I do what is told cutting and pasting URL links amongst the wonderful world of HTML that lurks under the crust of Tucker's world.

Sadly everytime I hit save settings nothing appears any different when I view the site. So I play around some more turning my HTML for this site into some sort of primitive verision of Tetris. I went to my friends for tech support, Ryan simply said eh, apparently Rick's weak spot is HTML, Drew must have some sort of life because he wasn't answering his phone all day, and perhaps only Dan K can allow the 4 people that read Tucker's world to respond. But since he could undoubtedly do this minutes after leaving his mother uterus it is a bit humbling for me. I will figure something out.

Oh well for now just email me at Mst3keith@aol.com to comment and sit back and enjoy my column.

No comments: