Friday, August 30, 2002

“Blogg Mummies & Shady McGruff”

Well Tucker’s world is officially dead! Now Tucker’s world 2 is born, and it will hopefully be a tad more pleasing to the eye. The font as changed and hopefully the site does not blog over itself repeating the headline over and over again.

As a result I have reposted all the previous articles. I hope that the comment feature is not far behind. Than again its me we are talking about.

Well if you traveled down the white horse pike recently in the Somerdale/Stratford area I’m sure you wondered not only what is the deal with the Quaker house but who is Shady McGruff?

The bar that was formerly known as the Party and Grill sat there empty for many years and was overhauled and renamed the White Horse Lantern. Apparently, the people who own Harper’s pub bought the place. However it never opened and was up for sale right after the overhaul. A few weeks back ago a sign said coming soon Shady McGruff’s! Now closer to opening the doors to the good people of Somerdale a new sign hangs out with a shifty eyed dog in an Irish hat with a beer mug in hand.

It’s good that its in some what staggering distance of my house, but who knows what kind of crowd it will draw. If it even draws one at all, because it wouldn’t surprise me if that place was cursed given the fact they keep changing names. I’m told it will be similar to Bamboo Bernie’s which would bring lots of hot half naked girls to my neighborhood. Unfortunately, the last thing we need is a bunch of morons making a left on the already congested pike. Perhaps I will just wait outside for drunk girls with impaired vision, and blurred judgment, or I will blow off the beer guzzling dog for some chicken tenders and some delicious honey mustard.

No comments: