Thursday, December 19, 2002

All things are difficult before they are easy” Thomas Fuller


“Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it…that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear”------ Dale Carnegie


“Come to the edge, He Said.
They said, We are afraid.
Come to the edge, He said
They Came
He pushed them….and they flew.”------- Gulliaume Apollinarie


“Final Thoughts”

The FINALS DAYS off college on Tuckers world come to and end today. At the wee hour of 8 A.M. I finished had my last final EVER. It was strange being on the road at the hour when cars still had headlights on and the sun wasn’t quite up yet. 2 years ago I was walking on the same campus for my orientation. It was just as brisk and early that day. I left that campus kind of the same way I entered it walking in the cold not knowing what to expect the next couple of years.

I left the campus for the last time perhaps until I walk in May. More students will fill in my place, and no one will notice. Other parking spot sharks will devour my spot. The insanely hot girls will walk around in their tight, tight jeans with some one else ogling them from afar. Hmmm..perhaps I have to tone this down now that females other than Jenna read this! Or some I am told.

Well now I have to go out to the cold hard cruel world full of featherless chickens, and gay sheep. A world where someone nicknamed Lima Beanz can coach wrestling. Armed with a $ 60 thousand piece of paper and a hand full of references the time to hunt for a job that doesn’t involve the words scratch and dented has begun. I will have to frantically knock on doors and yell, because of the horrible job market. It might sound like German when I yell though since I have not pinpointed exactly what I want to do with my energy yet.


I applied online for a model scout a few months ago. You basically look at hot girls all day long. But to get an interview you have to answer questions online about modeling. They were multiple choice and seemed easy. I guess my dream is dead. Maybe I can sweep the parking lot like Ryan used to at Laurel Hill Plaza. Seriously, I am leaning towards inside sales, promotions, marketing, or maybe even public relations. Hmm..what did I do with that Graduate Student packet?

Some people never went to college, and I never went away to college. I am glad I did go though. I met a lot of cool people at CCC and Rowan. I did talk to people and realized how even though most of us come from different backgrounds and have different social lives we are all pretty much the same in some aspects. I just enjoyed Bullsh**ing with various other students about anything under the sun really. I actually learn some things while in the classroom too. I even dating a few Rowan girls. Okay so most of them went no where.

I spent two and a half years at CCC, and actually started there with four friends. I was the only one who stuck it out go get a degree from Blackwood U. I found some of the basic courses at Rowan a lot easier than the ones at CCC. Professors at Rowan (at least in my non-major classes) frequently cancelled class or let us go early. Which is not so much a bad thing until you realize they get paid for that and you paid them for not teaching you. Maybe Rob Arter is on to something perusing that field.


My whole life has consisted of me sitting at a desk in a learning atmosphere. 18.5 years of my barely 23 years of existence I have been labeled a STUDENT. Most of the time when your young say how you cant wait to be a grown up. Now I wonder why anyone says that. I think it would work better if we started out as old men and got younger and younger, wouldn’t be a better deal to spend your golden years playing tag? Being a student had just become routine and I sometimes it would amaze me I was still taking classes. Now that is no longer the case. Time to start asking myself the hard questions instead of some professor.

Yeah I know the blog has been just all about ME ME ME during this mini-series. It will revert back to the usual mixed bag of topics soon enough and trust me there are various current events I want to address. But I am sure some of the stuff I am going through people can relate too, and writing about some of the old times even had me laughing. I am excited, confused, kinda sad, really happy, ready to move on, and wondering how the heck 4.5 years went by that fast.


Okay Real World here I am. Keith Edward Hughes!!!! (aka Tucker) Please be gentle!

No comments: