Wednesday, March 05, 2003

"Can You Smell That Smell?"

Earlier today I stopped by my friend Ricks house who lives just down the White Horse Pike from me. I was there to pick up money I had left behind in his car. Something I am famous for, and luckily Rick didn't pocket the loot. Anyway when I got to Rick's house his car was there (both of them actually) and I knew he had to be home.

So as I am knocking on his door and calling his home on my cell phone to get him to come to the door. As I did this I smelled a strong ordor of gas. It was so intensely strong that I started to wonder if it was actually coming from Rick's house. He still wasn't opening the door. Perhaps he had enough of Boscovs and shoved his head in the oven to OFT himself. Perhaps it was the silent killer and slowly killed him leaking from somewhere while he was listening to Pink Floyd. Perhaps his rooting corpse would greet his mother upon her return home. So I figured I'd try to open the door, but it was locked.

I thought either im jumping to conclusions or he is already dead anyway. So I opted not to bloody my hand or break his a window for no reason. I could have tried the back door but there was too much snow out there, and like I said I figured if that gas was leaking he was dead already. Im sure I would have felt bad when I heard of a grisly discovery on the 10 O'clock news.

Than I got home to continue my job search (IT STINKS). I noticed he was online and well. Finally I went back over his house and while I was there I voiced my concern of the strong gas smell. He told me they called the gas company out a month ago, and they just shrugged over the strong odor and told him not to worry about it. Not that they found the source of the odor. Odd since its so strong and their the gas company and all.

So if you see a block of Laruel Springs engulfed in flames you will know why. Thanks for reading this and wasting precious seconds of your worthless life.

No comments: