Wednesday, October 29, 2003

"Weasel of the Week"

Sharpton is a jack ass. I don't know why or how we started caring about what he said enough to print it in the papers each day. Please. I guess this time he is seeking a seat in the White House (doesnt he always), but still no matter what happens the media feel obligated to have us listen to his twisted views on life. His latest doozy is against Howard Dean who is one of the few that are standing out in the Democratic debates.

Here is his quote:

"Howard Dean's opposition to affirmative action, his current support for the death penalty and historic support of the NRA's [National Rifle Association's] agenda amounts to an anti-black agenda that will not sell in communities of color in this country," Sharpton said in a statement."

WOW. Maybe I SHOULD vote for Dean. Heck I argreed with almost everything there. Color me a bigot I guess. DAMN. I had no idea.

Okay people debate about the Afirmative Action all the time, and I would have to see what he has to say about it. The big problem that I have with it is I think it should be based on more of how much someone makes. For example a lot of white people I know make "too much money" to get help to pay for college.


I recall a friend of mine in Rowan who happened to black telling me how he had no idea what he was going to do with all the extra money they gave him. Not only was he from what he told me as well of as many of my white friends who make too much money, but they gave him almost 2 grand more than he even needed. He was almost embarressed I guess he knew that the money could have gone to someone else. I have heard other minorities offer similar stories. Meanwhile there are white people who are told time and time again their hard working but underpaid parents are too rich. I have a problem with that.

Sharpton would never debate anything like this. He just tells everyone they are bigots or want to bring down all the African Americans everywhere. He never backs up his claims I don't even no what the NRA has to do with being black. What is he saying more white people have guns? Al Sharpton is a true weasel.

No comments: