Wednesday, October 20, 2004

"Going to Get Dirty!"

Uh,oh-Uh,0h


The election is going to get dirty!

Well looks like the gloves are off and everyone is fair game. I am waiting for Bush's dog to get dragged into the mess. The more than likely to be the future first lady decided to jib-jab the first lady for being a homemaker.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."


Well it turns out that she was a teacher for roughly a decade. What gives here? First off whats with dragging her into this mess? Why do this people just spew out stuff they don't know about or know isn't true? Like Dick Cheney saying he never met John Edwards despite the fact that they rubbed elbows together a few times at some events.

She said she was sorry, about it. However, what a dumb move I am told by my liberal friends that Kerry needs to sway undecided women voters and looks like the Kerry campaign is fumbling that chance. After Kerry's cliche reponse to the wife question in the last debate following Bush's heartfelt speach was a really blown chance. Now, lets say she was just a homemaker, first off she clearly didn't need to work, 2nd what an insult to American women who stay home with their children.

Add in Kerry slamming Cheney for getting flu shot in addition to blaming Bush for the flu shot problems. Of course the VP is old and has heart problems, but whatever.

Meanwhile Republicans are being accused of stealing the election. Apperently, people in Nevada were tampering with voter registration forms. Other organizations including the temp agency Kelly Services have been hired to only give out forms to people that had said they were voting for Bush.

Both candiates have used people who had loved ones who died in 9/11 for their ads.

Cheney says nuclear bombs might fall in our cities.

Edwards said that people in wheelchairs will be able to walk again just by voting for him. Well I know people have given promisies before, and if he kept this some what grounded like...we will work towards pushing stem cell research or something like that it wouldn't have been bold. However, to tell us that EVERYONE will walk again. Just makes me stomach turn. Yeah vote for me and you can do the funky chicken! Everyone will be healed.

Well I am starting to think that this election will actually last for several weeks after Nov,2. I guess its just as well since there is no hockey to watch anymore. Good lord, you think tensions are high now? HOwever, it matters very little since we will all die from the flu in mere months. Those who actually live will be drafted for the war in Iran or blown up by the nuclear bombs falling on our cities.

12 days left till the election of the new prez, or all the court battles and hanging chads.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Clearly, Theresa Heinz Kerry was talking about something she didn't know about, which is a pretty damn stupid thing to do in an election campaign. What I want to know is this: was this in response to a question put to Heinz Kerry about Laura Bush? If so, you can totally criticize Heinz Kerry for her stupid answer, but you can't really criticize her for bringing Laura Bush into it.

Any idea what happened here?

Unknown said...

I still haven't heard what prompted Heinz Kerry's comments, but I dear hear that she apologized, which is good. I also heard that Laura Bush was extremely gracious about the whole thing, so credit where due. She seems like a pretty classy lady to me, I must admit.

keith said...

It just amazes me how the people speaking always seem dumber then the people behind the scenes. I can picture all of Kerry's people smacking their foreheads when they heard that one.

As I was writing this I forgot to mention the whole thing about the VP's daughter. I don't care what Kerry says he wasn't trying to be nice. How would Edwards like it if his wife was brought up when discussing the problems with obessity?

Kerry ment it as a snide remark.

Anyway, the more I follow politics the more it is just something that passes my time. Most politicans are just awful people using us as pawns.

I fear I could have regrets voting for either candiate. Maybe I will just push my chad half way through.