Tuesday, February 08, 2005

"The Great White Nope"

Well you might have been hearing those promos for the local weather by now. Enjoying the really mild weather? WELL ITS ABOUT TO CHANGE! (deep serious voice). IS THERE SNOW ON THE WAY?

Well, before you start driving like a crazy person to Home Depot to buy more shovels (what the heck did you do with the ones from 3 weeks ago?) take a deep breath.

Keep in mind the following things:

1.It has been really warm for quite awhile. I mean I drove with the windows down today. So, if the storm comes even with dropping temps it would take awhile to stick on the not so cold ground.

2. Rain to Snow events which is would this will be (if there is snow at all) are usually fairly lame. I never really put much weight in them.

3. Most importantly its sweeps months, so they will try to scare the hell out of you while you are watching their network shows. So, just keep that in mind.

The event from lateWednesday into THursday will be mostly rain. It might eventually change over but since the ground will be really soaked and wet from the rain it will melt. At best maybe an inch but it will be the slushy type stuff.

Of course I predicted John Kerry and the Eagles to win in the past two months. So, maybe you should buy four bags of bread and 8 gallons of water. In fact if you have to actually shovel any snow from this system I figure you can come beat me over the head with your new shovels.

Damnit, I am better to get this prediction right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all due respect, I don't want you making anymore predictions when it comes to sports or politics. We are stuck with that idiot Bush in office, and the Patriots are the Super Bowl champions again.

Just as an aside, I hate Patriot fans. Up until four years ago they didn't even know New England had a football team. All they could cry about was the fact that the Red Sox hadn't won the World Series in 86 years, and that damn bambino curse. If living in northern New Jersey and being around Yankees fans all the time has taught me one thing, it is to hate, and I mean HATE, Boston/New England fans. They are the worst.

Brant