Friday, March 25, 2005

"Tucker's Dumb Move"

So, the other day I was out mailing something. Next door to the post office is a little newsshop that I frequent on occasion. I had the sudden "lucky feeling" to play the lottery. I wanted to play 265 for the daily drawling for the NJ lottery. 265 was my original number associate number when I worked at Sears.

The number 265 seems to come up for me quite often. So, why not the lottery? I usually stick to the the safer (oddly more expensive) scratch and wins. However, I wanted to do this it was only 50 cents.

So I picked up a Daily News and my ticket. I peered down at my ticket, and the women (who not suprisinly was Indian and had spoke broken English) had plugged me in for 665 instead of the number I requested. I noticed and brought it to the atttention of the guy behind the counter while she was busy doing something else. I stopped myself once because, I realized how idotic it was since the odds wouldn't change. However, the guy was overly nice and went out of his way to print me a ticket with the Sears number on it.

I heistated for a minute and a wiser would have just kept both tickets. I didn't. Just swapped the tickets like an idoit. I for some reason figured it would just be easier for both parties that way. I left. Even in the back of my mind I figured it could have been an omen, but I said "Thats Silly!"

Today, checked the paper. Well I guess its not big shock that 656 came up. And, Yes I boxed meaning the numbers could come up in any order and I would win a little less. I would have had a nice winning of a little over 100 bucks to spend on dinner and a movie tonight with my lovely girlfriend.

Instead I am just left bruises from where I kept kicking myself again and again today.

No comments: