Friday, September 22, 2006

"Make Like a Seasonal Plant and Leave"

My friend Rick has worked at Boscov's for almost an entire decade. This past week he gleefully put in his notice, because he accepted another job with a new company. Finally he is done his degree for something to do with computers. He is ready to leave the world of retail behind.

I worked in retail for 5.5 years, and they say once you leave you never want go back into that field. Hopefully A-hole customers and working till 10pm will be forever in the rearview mirror for my ride along the highway of life.

Anyway, Rick is going to be doing something either phones or computers (which is his field) I am not really sure I was half drunk when he explained the job to me. At any rate, he is happy to be getting out of Boscovs. So, congrats to my friend who reads this blog once a year. When I force him.

Now, I am sure since he has under two weeks left of him working there we will be going out to celebrate his new job. Which means I have to cancel my plans for my "Rick is a Boscov's Lifer" party. I hope its not too late to cancel the hookers and loaded guns and not be beat on the money.

No comments: