Monday, September 25, 2006

"That's Comcastic!"

Yeah, I know that I am always saying that Comcast is an evil company and all. However, I really thing the whole ON DEMAND thing is the most underrated thing of the entire digital cable thing.

Now it has even gotten cooler. Under network programing go to NBC, and you will find that The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Late Nite with Conan O' Brien or on there! If you are like me, its almost impossible to stay up to watch either show anymore.

I just read the other day Conan saying most of his fans grew up watching the show. Which is kind of like me, he came on when I was 13. I started watching when the Jon Stewart show got axed. He said tons of his fans were that age,and watch him through highschool and college. Now most of them have 8-5 jobs. So its not possible for them to watch anymore. Kind of sucks for both Conan and his fans.

Now, there was a time when Conan was on CNBC or Comedy Central the next night, but they were short lived times. Now I can watch Conan whenever. Or at the very least watch Leno or Conan if I see they had a cool guest on. I know lots of my friends are fans of the band Gomez, and they were on Leno last Friday.

Even better it's commerical free and there is no charge.

3 comments:

keith said...

I was thinking on getting DVR. I cant seem to get my VCR to work on the new HDTV TV. Now that the FLyers are starting again, I will miss lots of shows I would like to watch on the Networks.

keith said...

Extras stunk.

Also, there has to be a way to route my VCR so it tapes. I mean it plays. It actually a DVD/VCR comobo.

Can someone tell me what I have to do?

Jenna said...

I love On Demand b/c when my son doesn't want to watch the plethera of movies that we have stocked in his room, we can on demand the spongebob movie or any other movie that is available at the time. And it gives me an idea of whether or not I would buy a movie on DVD. For instance, NightWatch is a no go for me.