Monday, October 30, 2006

"In Search Of The Jersey Devil"

ACTION NEWS's Matt O'donnell went out recently to search for the legend of the jersey devil.
If you follow the link I will provide for you, you will be able to check out the story in two parts. Some of it wasn't even aired on channel 6 (you can tell its a rough cut of a news story), so hopefully your work lets you watch videos, unlike mine.

Anyway the first part is Matt searching for the birthplace of the Jersey Devil. The 2nd part is Matt basically saying what he thinks the whole Devil thing is about.

I don't agree with his theory. Although I don't think there was an actual devil, and I do think the time in the early 1900's when a ton of sightings were taking South Jersey by storm something was there. Just not what Matt thinks it was. But certainly in that day and age people would not have just all made up stuff to get on tv, so something most have been in the area during that time.

There are other links with the story including an official Jersey Devil Hunters site. I havent had time to check all of them out.

What does everyone think of the Jersey Devil?

1 comment:

keith said...

thats funny you said that about cats.

When my older brother was born my grandmother (fathers mother) was totally scared that the cat would murder my brother in his sleep.

She cut out an article about how cats would sit on babys and "suck the breath out of them". It was really random, and I think we still have the aritcle some place for some reason.

It is a funny image though a cat exhaling really big sucking the life out of an infant.