Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Nightmare on Broadstreet"

The Philadelphia Flyers lost to the Buffalo Sabres 9-1 tonight. It pains me to even type that. Honestly, call it my connection with a team I cared about for 27 years or whatever. But I saw this happening. All day I felt sick thinking about tonights game. I wasn't even looking forward to watching it. I played it in my mind, almost exactly the way it happened. A total nightmare.

Earlier moody goalie Robert Esche took a shot at his coach, playful or Esche is really unhappy. I almost think tonight was a set up. Esche has mentally been a mess all pre-season and into this season. He was rude to reporters and clearly not mentionally up to meet the Sabres the team that destroyed the Flyers last spring. Hitch knew that.

I think Hitch figured, it was win a win situation for the team. If Esche played like he did that one playoff game. Hitch would look really smart and actually have a win. Or, likely Esche gets blown to bits, and loses his last ounce of confidence and Hitch destroys him for good. Well, Hitch never pulled Esche at all. 9 goals! He wasn't pulled. Never ever saw that before. Clearly this might be Esche's last game as a Flyer. Look for him to say something really negative or weird to break the camels back the next 48 hours. He is close to a total breakdown.

I really don't know where to start. The d-men might be the worst ever assembled on any Flyers team. Hatcher on the ice in the meadowlands from Saturday's night skating to the bench. I think Freddy Meyer might have down syndrome. Randy Jones seems to forget the simple rules of not giving the puck to players wear different color jerseys.

It wasn't until Carter scored the loan Flyers goal that I realized that he is indeed still a Philadelphia Flyer. I had not heard his name since last season. My fears off trading Michael Handzus to the Blackhawks for Kyle Caldar as a bad move might soon come true. You see I figured we already have fast guys that could score, so why give up a clutch player like Zues? I guess I was partly wrong on that. Since Caldar doesn't actually score. Oh, yeah and Zues is playing great on #1 line with the leagues leading scorer.

I don't know....what do they do fire Hitch? Nah, they just gave him two more years. I gave up the pipedream of Clarke being fired. He will never lose his job. Ever. Anyone other GM would have been fired 5 times with the mistakes he made. All the Clarke must go websites even stopped being funny about 2 years ago.

I really think the Flyers should do what have been rumored to be interested in. Sign Brian Leetch. I know he is old, but honestly the d-men are just awful. With Rico and Johnson gone there is nothing holding them together. Hatcher is awful, so how could he actually teach anyone anything? The other guys are too young and no one is helping them at all. It is totally anarchy on the blueline right now.

Hell, Sanderson and Kappy are playing on the point for the powerplay. We can't even find a D-men to help out. I bet Neved's model wife is glad she left him, and Forsberg wishes he had to have his other foot broken.

Through sickness and health. I am a fan. But this is really rough. They were painful to watch tonight. I might have to be drunk for each game by the All-Star break. It will likely be like putting 82 little dagers in my heart this season. Truely, one of the only things I loved my entire life, refuses to love me back. But yet I keep coming back like some white trash trailer slut who gets beat by their hick boyfriend.

Never learning my lesson. Always thinking the light at the end of the tunnel is coming off the Stanley Cup in the sunlight.Instead its the 4:34 PATCO running me over any throwing my body into the gutter only to have my corpse chewed on by rats.

I can't even type anymore...the start of the season is supposed to be full of hope and fun to lead me up to have my spirits crushed in the spring. Instead it nothing but humiliation, darkness and despair. A really, really dark day. I am drinking alone again tonight.

In order to offset the darkness of this post he is a picture of a guy dressed as a chicken. LOL! Look its a guy in freaking chicken suit!

No comments: