Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Waiting"

We cannot build enough prisons to solve this problem. And the idea that we can keep incarcerating and keep incarcerating — pretty soon we’re not going to have a young African-American male population in America. They’re all going to be in prison or dead. One of the two.” John Edwards. WOW! John Edwards said that ! I am waiting for the media to rip him up. I know that the liberal media is a big myth, so I am sure they wouldn't give someone like that a pass just because he has a "D" next to his name! I am just going to sit and wait for the media blitz! I bet it will be a huge hot topic! He might have to go to rehab. Im sure Jesse Jackson will demand him to say he is sorry. No way the un-biased media will let this one slide!

6 comments:

MosBen said...

Why would Jesse Jackson ask him to apologize for stating that the many of the legal structures in the country disproportionately affect poor people, which are disproportionately minorities?

Jason said...

I would love to see the context of the quote but it really does not matter. What did he say that was so wrong? I really think that your reading comprehension deficiencies are getting the better of you again.

Unknown said...

I agree. Why would the media, or anyone for that matter, rip Edwards over those comments?

Anonymous said...

I like prisons. If it wern't for prison most of my friends wouldn't have jobs.

Anonymous said...

"The media" is way too myopically focused on Hillary and Obama to pay attention to Edwards. [TL]

Unknown said...

Keith, you're never going to tell us what you found so objectionable about Edwards's remarks, are you?