Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"For a Service Problem Press 1"

Day 1

I have a rough day in the last two hours of work. When a truck that has really expensive Blueberries on it decides to take 8 hours to get from DC to Vineland, NJ. So, I stop by maybe fav. watering hole and get some grub and a few beers. I make sure I am in home in time for the new How I Met Your Mother (and all the other shows I watch Monday). I settle down back in my apartment in hopes to whach HIMYM and forget about my crappy day.

I cant do that. My cable is out. So, is my internet. I call up to see what can be done and the robot voice tells me it will be a long wait. But, it would be better if I logged on the internet and reported the problem. Clearly, I can't do that. So I got to my parents to watch HIMYM and the rest of my Monday shows.

I returned home, still no cable or anything.


Day 2
I call in the morning. The dude on the phone assures me that he will send someone out to fix the problem!

They tell me the dude will be out around 5-9. I tell them that I wont get home till 530-6pm. So, please dont send him at 5pm.

At this point I think I know what the problem is. They have my apartment number WRONG for my service address, but right for my billing address. A year ago, they cut my cable feed because I came up as someone who doesnt pay( I do, they looked off the incorrect service address) so they cut my line.

I tired MANY times to make sure it wouldnt happen again. I always feared it would. Around 7pm, I doze off and finally wake up at 7:45 with my cell phone clutched in my hand. I call Comcast and they seem fairly Annoyed that I am calling, since its not 9pm yet. I call at 8:46 and the robot voice tells me my appointment is for Oct31 (the next day). I get a live person. They tell me the tech hit code 1, for the reason not to come out. Code 1- means Weather. It was chilly,but insanely clear out that night. I asked if they no longer come out if it rains now. She said, they wouldnt climb a pole, but I told her they should at least have told me they weren't coming and that who knows if they had to climb a pole. Also, that the weather was amazingly nice. The lady is FLA, and tells me she understands my frustration (I kept using the word asshole) and that she also is a "consumer".

Than Chris Arter comes over and we eat candy and watch a spooky movie and Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown on DVD. Im glad he came over, because my night was shot pretty much.

Day 3

Finally the guy comes out around quarter of 8. He is wearing Devil horns (for Halloween I assume, although I think most COmcast workers have them naturally). He told me that they basically disconnected my cable again,b ecause I didn't show up as a customer. He tought me some random tricks on my digital box.

After that I met price and rick for trivia night at Jersey's. Thankfully they took 20 bucks off my bill. But even still Comcast is evil and most of their workers or morons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a new house.
I need cable.
I need internet.
I need phone.
I need !COMCAST!

Comcast is the most greatest thing forever.
Please come to my new house and put in my cable, please.

It's Comcastic.

This message brought to you by the committee to elect hillary.