Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Gone Jamie Gone, Gone Gone!"

My friend Jamie (known as Duke on this blog). Has moved to the sunshine state for work. Yes, the man who puts on sunblock to go to WaWa has moved to the hottest most sunny state in his free nation.

Duke and I go way back to when we were kids. Our parents were quite involved in our local church, and thats how we met. I can remember one time with Duke and I driving to a miniature golf outing (Our whacky pastor, Pastor Jack thought it would be cool to drive all the way out to Lancaster to play mini golf. He was right!) we were in the back of my parents station wagon and facing backwards in the Ford Tarus. The whole time we talked about transformers. I was doing my dead on Starscream voice (which was ruined when I hit puberty and just being total nerds while the other guys were talking to the one cute female in the car. Duke used to wear these glasses with this black band on the back to keep them from falling off his face. Kind of like the the basketball players used to wear.


Many years later, Duke got contacts, but pretty much we still talked about dorky stuff and didnt in favor or talking to people who don't have a penis. Now he has moved away, because he is a jerk.


Many, years of memories. Including being there for his "lowest point of his life" which happened when he had party that no one showed up to. He was really drunk and saying it was "The lowest point of his life" and we left him there.

He also worked for a shady painting selling company which provided many laughs and still does. He was the first person locally to have his own place and took over for the headquarters from "My parents basement". Jay and Jenna made a baby there, Duke got his balls cupped (and god know what else) and his apartment really brought many people together.

Many other memories include my times down the shore with Duke, drunken nights at his other apartment, Duke's hot but mildly crazy girlfriend from South Philly and playing and a NHL video game on my computer every Friday for a year.


Jamie was famous for his "Jamie 180" when he would be really passionate about something, and than months later take the polar opposite view on it. So, maybe he will say he DOESNT HATE new Jersey in a year and move back. BUt, honestly, I think we have seen the last of Duke as a South Jersey resident.

We will all miss Duke, and hope he doesn't get eaten by a gator. I want everyone to comment on their most memorable Duke moment. It is OKAY to cry when typing it. But, I am not going to say that it isn't very gay.

I have to hit the Publish Post comment,because I have something in my eye.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duke.....Duke who?

Anonymous said...

I feel that every Duke moment is memorable. And the Jamie 180 will not stop now that he has moved to Florida. Think about this scenario:
-Me "Hey Jamie. Me, Jay and Hunter are coming to Disney World in a few months. You should come over for a day or two and hang with us and Mickey!"
-Duke "I don't like Disney World. I would never go there!"

Now this is, at least in my opinion, the most EXTREME Jamie 180 possibility ever. But if it happened, I'd believe it!

-Jenna