Sunday, September 07, 2008

"People are Just Stupid"

I saw the very funny Tropic Thunder this past week.


The movie stars Ben Stiller who has voiced characters and cartoons and also did a movie called Night at the Musuem (actually not a bad movie) which was a family movie. THat is only one of the reasons I can imagine that two women brought their two 7 yearold kids to see the movie.

The other two are.

They are just awful parents.
or they were too selfish and drug kids to an R rated movie because no one would watch their little brats.

To be fair the kids were pretty well behaved. But, clearly bored and they kept getting up during the movie. But that is the parents fault. Not only did this movie have about 30 something F-bombs, people getting shot at, drug use, and various other foul words, it was NOT aimed at kids.

What is a 7 year old going to get out of a movie about guys making a movie? I highly doubt the 7 year old got the Apocalypse now reference either.

What is wrong with these people? Go take the kids to see space chimps or spend the money on tickets (almost 10 bucks for adults) on back to school clothes or something!

They ended up walking out of the movie. What did they expect?!? It was rated R. Plus there is this thing called the Internet where you can...I don't know see if its good to bring a 7 year old to or not.

Why are there so many stupid parents out there?

8 comments:

Jenna said...

I went to see the movie Hannibal when it came out in theaters and someone brought a child that couldn't have been older than 3. People want to see movies, but when they can't get a babysitter they damage their children by taking them to see these movies that clearly aren't for them. Not only is that selfish, but very disrespectful to the other patrons in the theater.

keith said...

I was with you for that one!

I almost referenced it.

THat was even worse. I mean the kid was like you said around 3.

I don't know what part of any decent parent would think taking a kid to that movie would make much sense.

I mean a dudes brains were eaten out of his skull in that movie.


I was scared of ET when I was 2 and saw it in theaters.


Wait dont tell anyone that.

Unknown said...

Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick. Maverick.

There. You see how funny that is? Fucking hilarious. I can't stop laughing. You should pay me money for how totally fucking hilarious that is.

keith said...

its pretty good.Its a pretty stupid slogan to have because we dont really want a marverick president do we? how much can a marverick do if the other half of the government is controled by the democrats?

Its a blog read by mostly people that know me. Unless you are personally attacking someone for no reason I am going to let the comments go.

Welcome back to Tuckers World !

keith said...

I just realized why you are so upset all of the sudden. Seems McCains camp is using the CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, gimmick now as a shot at Obama.

Sounds like it got under your skin.
Dont worry I think Obama will smoke McCain in the debates.

Everything ok Drew? You seem stressed.

Unknown said...

I knew as soon as I hit Publish that it was a mistake. My post seems to have sailed over your head.

The point, to make it clear, is that posts like that serve absolutely no purpose except to amuse the author. It is, essentially, an act of narcissism. It contributes absolutely nothing except to act as a big sign saying "Please look at me! I'm so clever and funny!" You and Jenna were there having an actual back and forth conversation about the post you wrote. Now I've come in and completely hijacked the comments and made it all about me.

Sorry about that, actually, but I'm trying to make a point. What I did was rude. It's that simple. It was just rude.

In other words, it's rude.

Jenna said...

So Drew, any thoughts on bringing small children into movies that are rated R. I think you should take Pete-Rose (that is what I will call them now) to see Bangkok Dangerous. I mean Nicholas Cage was in those great National Treasure movies, its got to be good, right?

Unknown said...

As a non-parent, I'm very reluctant to criticize parents. But I've seen people bring small children into very non-child-friendly movies, and it is baffling. And irritating, particularly to someone like me who really doesn't like kids much.

Although I'm not sure how much they're actually damaging their children. I mean, I'm sure constant, long-term exposure to very violent movies could have some unfortunate effects. But if I took Pete and Rose to see Bangkok Dangerous, I think they'd be more likely to be harmed by the poor quality of the movie than by any violent content.