Friday, December 05, 2008

"Best Wings in the History of All Wings?"

I will admit i got suckered.
The Pizza Place about 5 minutes got voted Best Wings in South JErsey by the Courier Post the last few months. I finally got around to trying them recently.

I am aware that these places stuff the ballots, because the new defunct Chicken Coop always got best wings and they were terrible. That place was best known for selling hard drugs. At least that was what the folklore was.

So, I was holding back my expectations a bit. But at I least expected wings.

You see Wings to me if they are "dry" are simply fried chicken. Many pizza places give you this when you order wings. I thought it might be different in this case, since I found actual wings near my office from both a deli (actually pretty good) and a pizza place (fairly good), so I thought people would not vote on fried chicken to be the BEST. THE BEST.


They sucked me with their order of more wings than one person should eat (their smallest order was 15) but I figured if they were good I wouldnt care.

I got them home and opened them up with my mouth watering. IT was simply just fried chicken wings with a side of hot sauce that you put them in. The sauce was nothing more than tabassco sauce.

These are not chicken wings, or are simply wings for people who dont like wings. Less messy, but they are not wings. To make matters worse it wasnt even good fried chicken. What a waste of money.

I want to put some sort of law in to effect that makes them not call wings like this wings. Crispy wings, fried chicken wings, are left over stuff from people that actually ordered fried chicken.

If you need me I will be walking down the streets of Pine Hill with a sign put around me that says BAD CHICKEN!
I will also be yelling NO CHICKEN! NO CHICKEN!

5 comments:

Jason said...

The rule always is: wings from bars=good, wings from pizza places=bad.

Jenna said...

I agree, pizza places usually don't have good wings. But it makes me angry when I have to put the hot sauce on my self. You know who makes good wings...Jay. He cooked up the wings and tossed them in a sauce he has made himself and they are really good.

Unknown said...

The only criticism I have of this post is your statement that they aren't wings. Of course they are wings. They are not prepared in the manner you expect and prefer (and on that point, I agree with 100%), but they certainly are wings.

But I get your point. I frequently say that Papa John's isn't pizza. I like it, but it's something significantly different from what I think of as pizza. But, of course, it is pizza. Another example is the slogan "It's not TV, it's HBO." The slogan is supposed to get across the idea that HBO is significantly different from "regular" TV in important ways, and that's certainly true. But it's still TV.

Jenna said...

I have come to realize that if a place boosts that it has the best wings in the world or in some other geographic location, then I automatically rule them out as having good wings at all.

The best wings I ever had were from this place called the Wild Wing Cafe at the Reading Airport. Wings were their specialty so they had to be good. They had like 20 different flavors and all you can eat for about $8.00 during the week. A college students dream! It was great because the waitress would bring you a basket full of wings and come back every 10-15 minutes or so to take another order.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Keith. Barack will take care of this. He'll take care of everything.