Monday, April 28, 2003

"Gay USA"

All good old Rick Santorum the first big story since Americans (not this one) have completely stopped caring about that pesky War over seas. Hell it seems more people are concerned about the NBA and NHL playoffs than if we catch the entire deck of terrorist playing cards or not.

Seems Santorum sees no difference between two men doing each other up the butt and a lonely farmer and his sheep and/or sister getting it on. Now every columnist in America has been putting in their two cents and since most of my readers are also readers at John and Drew’s blogs I figured I would take a swing at the lifeless horse.

Okay I am not the most liberal person in the world but I think I am pegged a little too far to the right on occasion. I have no problem with homosexuality and although I think homosexuals have different chemicals in their brains to make them desire the same sex. What with the discovery of the GAY SHEEP and all. Some just become gay out of boredom, or for the thrill of it. I know several people that are gay, and although I am not close to any of them. I don’t feel as if they should be short changed if they want to marry one another. Although their wedding albums might be a lot more humorous than their heterosexual counter parts. I am sure there are better gay couples than some of the most horribly mismatched so called “normal” couples out there. As for kids, it should be legal for them to adopt, but it’s something that I don’t think is all that great of an idea.

Yes, I am sensitive towards homos. What little fags do in their bedrooms is their own business. Who am I to stand in the way of the love of two fairies? If two little fruits want to have tax breaks and the same headaches that go along with marriage than let them join the party!

I am kidding of course, but many people in the country actually agree with what the guy said some behind closed doors. Like it or not it’s a moral issue. It isn’t like racism in a way it’s a moral issue and is about how people live their lives. Just like the Dixie Chick who spoke her mind, he is entitled to his own views. Granted the topic of conversation and persons job differ, but its just two Americans speaking their mind.

I think Santorum is was off base, but who am I to say he can’t tell us what he thinks? Some people still honestly believe that being gay is wrong and a conscience social decision that is perverted. In 2003 that might seem like a horrendous point of view, especially for the balk of my readers who grew up in New Jersey. Could this man's potential power affect the rights of gays more than the Dixi Chicks? Well of course. I don’t agree with either of them but, they should be allowed to state their views no matter how annoying.

I guess you can get him to apologize, but we would all know it wan’t sincere. I don’t understand what him apologizing for his remarks would do. I guess some people are dumb enough to forget it and pretend he didn’t mean it. Some people flat out agree with his statements so why should they have someone who speaks for them be silenced? I think people who were defending the rights of all the anti-war talkers with unpopular opinions could be calling for his head is just hypocritical. Yeah these people are all patriots until someone has another opinion than them. Free speech is free speech no matter how bizarre the comments of Santorum are, anyone who disagrees with that is just gay.

No comments: