Wednesday, June 18, 2003

First off, I’d like to apologize for the decrease in posts the past month or so, but as everyone knows I am dedicating chunks of my time to finding better employment. I know Drew and sympathize because his posts have grown less frequent. I keep checking back to see if he blames Bush for the miserable weather we have been having, but much to my disappointment, he has yet to blog about it. I was going to blame Clinton in my earlier post but I didn’t want to be murdered have my lifeless body drug to park so it would look like a suicide.


“Media Obsessions”

Well if pay attention to the media industry you might have noticed that the past few summers they tend to get oddly obsessed with certain stories. You know stuff that happens fairly often but all of the sudden is big news.

For example 2001 was the year of the summer of the shark attacks. For some reason that’s all we heard about that summer was who got chewed up or hurt by shark and where. Now no one cares when people are gored by shark, and I am sure it still happens. Last summer of course was the summer of kidnapping stories. Of course the richer and whiter and cuter kids got more media exposure but for some reason the media gave us alerts every damn time a kid was snatched from their home.

The summer has barely started and it looks like dangerous diseases has and early lead for the season’s media darling. Sure we had West Nile before, but that’s nothing compared to MONKEY POX. Riding on the success of all the SARS coverage comes MONKEY BOX, and BEWARE THE PRARIE DOGS. What is funny is photographs have been trying to make this little furry fellows look menacing. There are pictures of them with their little teeth showing and looking all-mean. However, they just can’t pull it off. I just want to pet them.


Coming Soon:
The Island of Misfit Films and the a peak into the future of a certain Tucker’s World Regular.

No comments: