Sunday, August 31, 2003

“The Girl in Tucker’s Cell Phone”


So Liza lives roughly 20 minutes from my house and lately I have been listening 610 WIP lately at night on my way there. I have never gotten on the show in my life, but have tried after Flyers games quite a few times. Its simple just push star 610 and you are good to go. I would always be on hold.

Anyway I tried calling in again recently, and when I call much to my surprise a girl answered the phone just saying simply hello. I was thrown off seeing as where I expected someone to say this is 610 Sportsradio. She asked me who I was and I said I was Keith. There was dead silence. I figured I some how dialed the wrong number and got embarrassed and hung up. When I checked my out going calls though it said * 610.

A week later thinking it was just some strange thing, I tried again. Again the same young sounding girl answered. Again I got all embarrassed and hung up. This time the girl called me back, and I didn’t pick up the phone since I didn’t know how to explain the situation. Than she called back, so I figured I would answer it and make it clear to the girl I wasn’t some crazy stalker. Oddly enough her number shows up. She asked me who I was and I explained the problem. Although at this point since she got my voice message this time she knew my full name anyway.

Its like 905 number I think. I know it was a local cell phone exchange. I apologized. to her and said I had no idea how I was getting her instead of a radio station. Oddly enough if you checked my call log it was * 610 going out and her number coming in, the two were nothing alike.

I guess I can’t chime in ever because all I get is some random chick. I have no idea how or why something like this could happen. Its very bizarre. I wonder if anyone else keeps getting this poor girl. Maybe Drew should call it up and pretend and meet the chick for a blind date or something. Maybe he can ask her what the hell she is doing in my cell phone.

No comments: