Monday, November 03, 2003

“Message to Readers”

Well it is SWEEPS months for the major networks the time when all the networks (and FOX) bring out their big guns so they can justify how much the charge for commercials for their shows. So look for big TV Movies, important plot related stories and shameless gimmicks on your favorite shows. In honor of that I usually have a SWEEPS month of my own. I have no idea who reads this blog and I don’t have a traffic reporter like Drew does for TERMINUS (Drew can you help me out with that man?), but still when they have SWEEPS I try pull out all the stops to get people clicking back to this link and procrastinating during their workday. I want to try to update more this month. So sit back and get ready for some hopefully memorable articles in the next 4 weeks, and then it is back to the same old mundane crap with random and frequent days upon days with no updates.

Dan K emailed me and told me that the SUV headlights are not any brighter it is just the fact that they are at the right height to blind me. He knows a lot more about cars than I do so I guess he is right. He went on to wish death upon anyone who drives an SUV anyway.


TUCKERS WORLD ENDORSES CANDIDATE IN THE PHILLY MAYOR RACE!



“Indecision 2003”



Tomorrow is Election Day. Sadly that might actually be news to most my readers. Not that I can talk I don’t have any interest in the election of the mayor of my own town. However I have written about two mayor races that I can’t vote in. The Philadelphia election and the Haddon Heights election only because there is 21 year-old local filmmaker running for mayor.

Okay first the Philly election. The campaign trail is in the homestretch and judging by the latest polls Mayor John Street might as well make his victory speech on Good Day Philadelphia tomorrow before the polls even open. Katz has been resorted to referencing the DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN debacle. Usually a sign that you are desperate for a miracle and the election will be a landslide for the opposition.

The last few hours we have seen Sam Katz bellow out some tunes in Italian and John Street brought out former Vice President AL GORE which was enough to make local liberals harder than getting south bound on 295 during rush hour. Streets gain in the polls leaped again last night the polls results are strikingly different than before the BUG SCANDAL at the time Katz had a slight lead. Don’t worry though if it looks to be close you can rest assure that Ed Randall will be driving around with a van picking up homeless people and paying them to vote for Street. A Democratic tradition in the city of brotherly love. Not that the Katz campaign has halos around their heads.

Katz supposedly has some unions behind him, but Street has far more. Basically a core of the voters are Union leaders who intimidate union members into voting for a particular candidate. Unions are key. I would also imagine that Katz’s wife will vote for him along with the most of the remaining white people that live in the city.

Well the night before I TUCKERS WORLD is giving an endorsement to Sam Katz. Unfortunately for Katz none of my readers live in Philly hell very few of them are even registered to vote. However even the recent tactics by the Street’s cronies and the fact the many Philly businesses are hoping the Delware to South Jersey than are jumping to Philly (just ask CHUCK) I think Katz is the better candidate. I think Katz is more business savy and the Philly economy needs that.

Meanwhile right up the White Horse Pike Tommy Avallone who I know by association is running for mayor. Tommy who at one time worked at the Cinemark movie theater got together with some friends and made some local movies. I stumbled upon this films because a friend of mine Mike Hadfield has minor roles in them.

“Wasted Apples” was followed by “Small Kid Tank Top” neither film indicated that Tommy has any future in film making but he is under the impression he would be a good mayor. His story made national news (long after I broke the story) appearing on both CNN.com and the DRUDGE REPORT. Here is the latest statement made by Tommy released on his website.

“Everyone from Haddon Heights VOTE FOR ME!, Everyone that isn't from Haddon Heights tell everyone you know in Haddon Heights to VOTE FOR ME!, Everyone that isn't from Haddon Heights that doesn't no anyone from Haddon Heights, make a friend with someone in Haddon Heights and tell them to VOTE FOR ME!, if you are to young to vote get your brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, aunt, grandparents, and neighbors to VOTE FOR ME!, Everyone should get more involved, everyone should get into poltics, everyone should VOTE FOR ME! I may be a bad speller, I may have bad grammer, I may not use spell check, But I will make one hell of a mayor. So inclusion, VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!!”

No comments: