Wednesday, March 17, 2004

“AWFUL”


Much to my horror they are remaking the classic horror film House of Wax. If you recall I listed this film on classics you should see many months ago. First off I am not against ALL remakes. Even Hitch did remakes. However most of remakes generally suck or just aren’t necessary at all. Comedy remakes are sometimes good but not movies that have their own life.

Anyway I it pisses me off when people call films “remakes” when they basically just steal the title and use the most basic elements of the plot. The fact that new House of Wax stars Parris Hilton is proof that it will likely be a piece of crap. I am sure the fact that she is in the film will overshadow the project anyway and the movie is going to be aimed towards brainless horny teenagers. Below I am providing the summary from the IMDB of first the original then the new one.


ORIGINAL
A sculptor of wax figures for a museum is horrified when his partner proposes setting fire to the unpopular museum in order to collect the insurance money. As the wax figures melt amid the blaze, the two men have a fight. The sculptor is knocked out in the scuffle and left to "perish" among the flames. He resurfaces many years later for the launch of his own wax museum. The opening coincides with the sudden disappearance of some dead bodies from the city morgue. His assistant begins to suspect his boss of foul play, especially after the deranged wizard of wax begins eyeing his assistant's lovely girlfriend

REMAKE

Iowa. Directed to the only business that can offer assistance -- a creepy gas station owned by a suave bad boy named Bo -- the stranded kids are lured deeper and deeper into Bo's web.


This is clearly NOT a REMAKE just a RIP-OFF. I hope the project falls through but I am sure they are going to rush this film out why people still care about Parris. This film is already on my BAN list.

No comments: