Friday, June 04, 2004

Smarty or Stanley?

Well the Calgary Flames could win the Stanley Cup tomorrow night on home ice. The small market team that could, might get to keep Lord Stanley's Cup till the cataclysm comes if the NHL locks out.

A lot of Flyers fans simply aren't tuning in to the finals since the orange and black came oh so close to winning the cup. Now I am watching it (though I missed a game and parts of others) its fairly entertaining hockey. However it just is anti-climatic for me since I have no emotional investment in the outcome of the game. Sure I want to Flames to win, but I won't be crushed if they lose.

Joe and Rick are just hockey fans, so I really don't know how they can deprive themselves of the different experience there is to watch a team in addition to the league. Just so much better to pick a team and follow, instead of just being an outsider. Anyway does anyone here remotely care about the Cup Finals this year?

What about Smarty? Tell me your plans for the big Smarty weekend. Do you have a Smarty Party to attend? Where will you watch the race? Will you even watch the race?

Will all this Smarty is from Philly talk come back to haunt the poor horse? Will he be sucked into the curse and choke? If Smarty wins the streak isn't over. The streak will continue till at least November (but judging by this week the Phils are in no shape to end it) but if he loses the triple crown I will be convinced that there is not only a streak, but a curse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAAACCCCHHH.....AAAAAAACCCCCCHHHH....HELP ME!!!!!!.....I CAN'T BREATHE....DOES ANYONE KNOW THE HEIMLICH....I AM GOING TO CHOKE TO DEATH.....DAMN.....PHILLY.....CURSE.......


SMARTY JONES