Wednesday, October 06, 2004

"Fahrenheit 9/11 Questions"

I have two questions about Micheal Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11.

1. The ads now for the DVD make the movie actually look like loans of fun! Rock music plays quick shots of marines running around and stuff. The now famous round the world pointed up shot of the films director make it look like a good popcorn flick. Anyway, my question is what is that song that plays on the ADs? The catch line is "Whos going to save you?!" I can't get the song out of my head, and I know I like the song but don't know who it is or what it is about.

2. The other question is...why is there a soundtrack coming out now? The ad says the music that inspired the film. I still havent seen the film, but what exactly is that about? It has artists like Bob Dlyan (maybe not but people like him) and other famous rock stars. I didn't think Moore was inspired by music to make this, I thought it was 9/11 and the events after. Was he laying on his bed and listening to staring up at the ceiling playing his Pearl Jam CD, when he jumped up and said..hey time to make a movie!

3. Okay, nothing to do with Micheal Moore at all. I was watching Any GIven SUnday last night, and it was the directors cut. NOw this is the first time I saw this verision of the film which included a scene Lima Beanz told me about. Towards the end of the film a football player loses HIS EYE!. A player on the other team LOSES HIS EYE! NOw the entire film is a realistic and dark look at professional football, but this scene is so silly! Why put this scene back in?

Granted I don't know much about the NFL, but has anyone actually lost and eye playing? Lets just say it could happen. I doubt that all the gore and veins would rip that easily that his eye would just land on the ground it would likely dangle from the gore, or get stuck in the cage of the mask. Not to mention there would be 10 times more blood, just look what happened to Bryan Berard his eye was just cut. HE LOST HIS FREAKING EYE!

If I made that scene in the movie I would play it like a Chris Farley Skit.

"MOTHER OF GOD MY EYE! DEAR GOD ! MY DAMN EYE HAS FALLEN OUT!"

::blood pours out all over the hand of the football player as he falls into a table with water bottles all on them.::

"OH MY GOD THE PAIN! MY EYE!"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob used to tell me a story about a guy who got his eye knocked out at a Tae Kwon Do match. If enough pressure is applied to the right place, then the eye can come out. With enough force, a person can actual get detached retinas too.

I also remember reading a story about one of the members of "The Adam's Family" cast (I think it was the guy that played Lurch) rubbing his eye at dinner one night, and sure enough, pop, out came the eye. He said he calmly pushed it back in, excused himself, and went to the hospital.

The only way that blood would be involved is if any of the blood vessel that feed the eye torn. If not, no blood. Anyway, that's all I got.

-Brant

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice blog you have here. Lots of great info on san diego chargers helmet. I have a san diego chargers helmet related site. It has lots of information, discussion, stats etc. on san diego chargers helmet. Please check it out if you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a radisson cruise site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if youhave time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Plane information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!