Wednesday, November 03, 2004

"The Day After"

Well clearly I don't have to tell anyone the news of the day. What is amazing is how well George W. Bush did in the popular vote, and the Republicans gained a lot of power in the Senate. Now that later, makes me a bit uncomfortable I must admit, because I like to have some checks and balances. Also, the one guy (don't know his name, or that state) thinks homosexuals shouldn't be able to teach. Well, I got really mad an outraged. Then I thought to myself, well if thats the way that State wants to be represented then I guess that is the voice they want. Thats the whole point of it really to give the states some say in what goes on.

Anyway, the voters turned out in record numbers, and every think I predicted you can pretty much flip-flop (last one I swear) in regards to the swing states. It just shows how the exit polls can't always be depeneded on. For whatever reason by the time I was leaving work and Kerry's people were ready to pop-the champaign and start moving into the White House.


The democrats are really stinging, because the lost seats, they lost the popular vote, they lost the election. One wonders if one of their bullet points for the stolen election accucastions in Florida may also has vannished. I was listening to a certain loud mouth 610 guy who took a caller who said that losts of independent parties including the NYC times counted the votes and came up for more for Bush then Gore. He claimed that the exit polls couldn't be all wrong. Well, apperently they can be, and in addition Bush knocked one out of the park in FLorida.

The democrats will have four years to figure out what went wrong. Was the MTV Vote or Die move a waste of time? Did they back the wrong horse bringing Kerry out? I am not sure, but looking at the popular vote one wonders if putting the most liberal man in the Senate in the race was the right way to get to moderates. Even John Edwards couldn't win his own state, and Kerry actually was out performed by Al Gore 4 years ago. Is is possible that Bush wasn't as hated as we thought? Again..I am not sure.

Now, before I wrap this up I would like to thank Drew for John Kerry week a few weeks ago. It was very informative and a class act. In fact I don't hate Kerry voters, or think they are dumb. I don't think the doomsday painted for the US will happen. TERMINUS is clearly pretty much in agreement that the draft will happen soon, and Lima Beanz wonders if the draft will last shy of a decade to draft his son.

I don't see prayer in school coming back, just because Bush wouldn't want to divide the country even more. I also don't even think all the republicans would even be in favor of that. I don't think abortion will be over turned. I also dont think there will be a draft. I do hope Bush pushes through the healthcare plan he had to have small businesses band together for cheaper rates.

In fact I will let the next 4 years unfold, and whoever the first 3 commenters that disagree with them dinner if any of those 3 become a reality. The worse thing for Kerry people will hope that they are wrong about being draft etc. I feel for people who voted for Kerry, because I am sure that people who voted John Kerry because of how much emotion was put into this election.


Its November 3rd now we have to understand that we are all Americans. In reality there has to be a different voice out there we don't hear from at that much in order to shoot Bush to such a large win in the popular vote.


So, thats it the ride is over. The race is done. No more hype. No more questions just moving forward. What wild ride. I will remember this race for the rest of my life and certainly tell my nephew about it.

Now Bush has to try to unite America again, and hopefully everyone can get behind him and move on.

***note to readers*** I have included John Kerry's speech from today in the comments section. Also Drew I will buy you a beer the next time we go out. Not to drown your sorrows in. But, out of respect and hope that this didn't really shatter your will to stand up for what you beileve in. Drew you are one of the most passionate people I have ever met about politics and I would hate for you give up on doing what you are doing. You have a huge following on your blog, and the potential I feel to become a big name blogger one day. In the next election stuff like that will play an even larger role. Hold on to your hope for this country Drew. Take pride in making a difference. The democrats have plenty of time to get on the same page.

Hey only 1,460 days to the GENERAL ELECTION! Hey why even bother putting the Tucker's World hype machine at all?

7 comments:

keith said...

****I was getting letters from the Kerry campaign for the last two months. Here is the speech Kerry made earlier today that was included in the email.

Dear Keith,

Earlier today I spoke to President Bush, and offered him and Laura our congratulations on their victory. We had a good conversation, and we talked about the danger of division in our country and the need, the desperate need, for unity for finding the common ground, coming together. Today, I hope that we can begin the healing.

In America, it is vital that every vote counts, and that every vote be counted. But the outcome should be decided by voters, not a protracted legal process. I would not give up this fight if there was a chance that we would prevail. But it is now clear that even when all the provisional ballots are counted, which they will be, there won't be enough outstanding votes for our campaign to be able to win Ohio. And therefore, we cannot win this election.

It was a privilege and a gift to spend two years traveling this country, coming to know so many of you. I wish I could just wrap you in my arms and embrace each and every one of you individually all across this nation. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

To all of you, my volunteers and online supporters, all across this country who gave so much of themselves, thank you. Thanks to William Field, a six-year-old who collected $680, a quarter and a dollar at a time selling bracelets during the summer to help change America. Thanks to Michael Benson from Florida who I spied in a rope line holding a container of money. It turned out he raided his piggy bank and wanted to contribute. And thanks to Alana Wexler, who at 11 years old and started Kids for Kerry.

I thank all of you, who took time to travel, time off from work, and their own vacation time to work in states far and wide. You braved the hot days of summer and the cold days of the fall and the winter to knock on doors because you were determined to open the doors of opportunity to all Americans. You worked your hearts out, and I say, don't lose faith. What you did made a difference, and building on itself, we will go on to make a difference another day. I promise you, that time will come -- the election will come when your work and your ballots will change the world, and it's worth fighting for.

I'm proud of what we stood for in this campaign, and of what we accomplished. When we began, no one thought it was possible to even make this a close race, but we stood for real change, change that would make a real difference in the life of our nation, the lives of our families, and we defined that choice to America. I'll never forget the wonderful people who came to our rallies, who stood in our rope lines, who put their hopes in our hands, who invested in each and every one of us. I saw in them the truth that America is not only great, but it is good.

So here -- with a grateful heart, I leave this campaign with a prayer that has even greater meaning to me now that I've come to know our vast country so much better and that prayer is very simple: God bless America.

Thank you,



John Kerry

Just for the record who put me on this mailing list?

Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind words, Keith. I look forward to having that beer with you. And for the record, I didn't put you on that mailing list, and I don't know who did.

keith said...

Cool maybe we can head up to Sharkey's or Harpers when you are back on the road.

The emails just started. Maybe because I went on their website quite often. Of course most of them asked for money up till the last minute.I had no money to give them though, so the joke was on them.

Unknown said...

Whoa!! I just read this post again and I caught something I missed before... when did I ever say the draft was going to happen soon?

keith said...

By TERMINUS I ment all the readers. Not you techinally.

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny and fitting that you entitled this post after a second rate apocolypse movie. BVecause I feel like I'm in one after this election. I keep saying, "NO! NO! NO! You're going to get us all killed if you keep doing that!" But none of the dumb charactors listen and instead continue fatefully into doom.

keith said...

Thank you random poster.

If you start seeing Steve Guttenberg walking around then you should worry.