Sunday, December 12, 2004

"Lancaster Bush Ban"

DEMOCRATS HATE THE 1st AMENDMENT?

You know I can understand people who voted for Sen. John Kerry being upset that he lost. The election was very close and very emotional. I can even understand how people that voted for him were disgusted with our country for a brief time. However, I simply no tolerance for the democrats who have clearly fallen into total lunacy about it.

Its events like this that make me have to call myself a moderate. Because, I see the democratic party as nothing but a bunch of hypocryites. I mean how many times do they grip about free speech? Then when someone dares talks about God, or says the voted for Bush. It is time to run them out of town and burn them to death.

Okay so this is from WPVI 6.com, and it does have a bit of an even more local connection then just Lancaster. David Stoltfus is part of the family that runs the Amish market in Williamstown in South Jersey. Anyway here are some juicy nuggets from the article.

A Democratic city councilman has demanded that a baker remove photos of President Bush (Mr Bush for you ABC NEW viewers) from his stand in Lancaster's venerable farmers market, saying the city needs a "healing period" following the bitterly contested presidential election.

City Councilman Nelson Polite approached David Stoltzfus last month and asked him to remove the pictures. When Stoltzfus refused, Polite vowed to pursue a city ordinance that would ban all political items from public places in the city.
Polite said the photo offended city Democrats.


"I just feel that since it was a close election and the city's so divided, that we should have a healing period," Polite told the New Era of Lancaster on Friday.

First off, how the heck is putting up a picture of the PRESIDENT a political statement? My mother has a picture of the President up in the house, but its not saying screw you if you voted for Kerry I hate your guts. Some people actually put pictures up of the leader of the free world and its that simple.

Second, when are the democrats going to get over it? Please Bush won. Its over. Its this arrogant "we are smarter then you dumbasses who don't agree with us" attitude that may have cost them the election. Please, if he had a picture of Saddam up and was told to take it down I bet there would be some democrats out there talking they just dropped from Care- A-Lot about who we can't voliate his civil rights even if its Saddam. God the democrat moto seems to be we belive in the first amdenment and free speach unless you disagree with us.

Lastly, BAN? BAN ? no one can speak out at all period? No one can ever voice their veiws in public? Ban? Because of a few cry babies?

Now before anyone slams me here. I am not saying all democrats are evil or John Kerry voters should burn in hell. Just please, please make this make sense to me. Some many times this stuff happens and you can't have it both ways if you want to pound the free speech drums and stop if you dont like it.

Not to mention it was just something simple a picture of the President. Did it really cause people to fall down and shake and slip into a coma? If so they shouldn't watch TV, read the internet (or Internets as Bush calls it), papers or talk to anyone. Should we just act like Kerry won in New JErsey and all the other Kerry states just so people don't get upset? Should be put up pictures of the losers of the elections now next to the President in schools so we don't offend anyone?

Oh heres the article. I have to go my head hurts.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I agree with you Keith. I didn't vote for Bush but that is absolutely ridiculous. What if he had a picture of Clinton up there and a republican asked him to take it down, the Democrats would be up in arms. You can't have it both ways. If you want freedom then you need to take it without trying to take another person's freedom away from them.

Anonymous said...

This is Drew. Blogger was giving me a hard time about signing in.

You're right, Keith, this guy is a jackass. But you're dead wrong when you suggest that posting a picture of the president isn't a political statement. You say your mom has a picture of him up in the house? That's a political statement. Did she have a picture of Clinton? No? I rest my case.

Also, there's definitely a limit to how far businesses can go with political speech, but posting a picture of the president isn't, and shouldn't be, a problem. But as a general rule, I think most private businesses would be better off steering clear. If the councilman in the article had made that point and stopped there, without the "vowing to pass local ordinance" part, he'd be right and I'd agree with him. A place of business is not the appropriate venue for that kind of political speech.

Of course, I wouldn't shop anywhere that posted a picture of Bush.

keith said...

Should Schools take down pictures of Abe and Washington? Do you think this person would care about hurting peoples feelings, if the Amish guy had a political cartoon of the President looking dumb or taking money from Oil companies? Doubt it, even though it would "hurt peoples feelings", if it ain't him phoey on them?

I still see how putting up a picture of the leader of the country that we live in is so offensive. Legally, wouldnt they have to prove that he doesn't just always put up a picture of a President no matter who it is? Like I am sure there are people in the world who put up pictures of who ever the leader of the country is. Maybe this guy had a picture of Clinton up. Also what if they just sold pictures of living presidents is that equally as offensive or does it not make a difference? Is there a difference bettween selling a picture and hanging one? If so how?

Drew if I didn't give business to people who disagreed with my politically I would never go to the movies. I consider that to border on discrimination actually. You are letting some ones believes or view and judging them as "not of your kind". Do you give them some sort of questionaire?

If I said I would never buy gas from Indians I am sure you would think that was pretty mean. Do you think you are better then this person, because you voted for Kerry and they are therefore below you and dont deserve your money?

Not trying to be mean just asking. Do you know how many times I hear people behind the counter saying dumb political stuff that I dont agree with? I am just like, thats nice now ring me up for my life sized Adam West cardboard cut out thank you.

Anonymous said...

Nelson Polite was totally out of line and probably knew it. People have learned that it takes outrageous actions to get attention from the press, and this guy probably wanted to make some kind of name for himself, so he chose to do it that way. It's absurd.

This kind of crap cuts both ways. I just read about an art exhibit in NYC that was shut down when someone noticed a portrait of Dubya that was composed of small paintings of monkeys. I'll bet that person was no Democrat.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=857&e=10&u=/nm/oukoe_arts_monkeys

I'm glad to read that you consider yourself a moderate. As polarized as this country has become, it's always nice to meet people who have not fallen into that mode of thinking. [TL]