Sunday, January 02, 2005

2004

Tucker's World Person of the Year: Duke

The Tucker's World Person of the Year for 2004 is Duke.

Aside from Price who got married this year and finnished his tour of the duty with the marines the rest of the competition was drawfted by this year's winner.

Duke's 2004 story had more life changing events then most people have in several years. He moved, got a new job, got a new car, broke up and suffered a huge loss with the passing of his father.

A huge fight exploded between Duke and some of his friends over comments made about his girlfriend. Now some really nasty things were said and more petty person would be able to still hold on to this grudge. Despite everything else Duke put it behind him.

The breakup itself was a bit of a shock, and I imagine it sucked. It came right when he got a new job, and apartment. The job he has now pays much better than his last and has limitless growth potential. I never really had a problem with his girlfriend, but I guess sometimes it just isn't ment to be.

Now as goofy as it is for me to name a person of the year on a blog no one reads, I never really imagined that I would have to touch on serious subject matter when naming the person of the year. However, it can't go without mentioning the Duke losing his father. I knew the man since I was a kid and it was quite a shock to everyone. The two of them were really close, so one can imagine the impact.

Duke has remained strong and has been there for his mother. Around the same time his car broke for good, he moved and he got a new job.

So being the fact that his was a big part of the crew war that raged last spring which would persumably be the biggest event that would affect the state of the crew.

Despite it all, Duke still went out and had fun in 2004. He is quite a lot going for him still and even got offical possesion of Mr. Boots one of the coolest cats you will ever met. He is almost done school and should finnish in 2005, and the year could lay down the ground work for the 1st repeat of this honor.

Drinks up in the air, congrats Duke.

Later this week:

Crazy stuff, and I will cast actors to play my friends if there was a movie about us.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am doing research for e-books on original gift ideas. That is how I ran into your blog 2004. Do you have any brilliant suggestion for a Christmas gift for a dog lover by any chance? I already have several books done and posted at http://www.100mostoriginalgiftideas.com but I am looking to upgrade some of the ideas for Christmas gifts. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

2004 was what caught my attention. I was just out browsing around today looking for information on coolest kid in the world, and happened accross your blog. Although it's not completely related to coolest kid in the world, it certainly made me stop and ponder. Thanks for the great read keith...I'll be back.