Sunday, January 02, 2005

"Bye-bye 2004!"

Well Happy New Year everyone!

Sorry I was um, not blogging for awhile. You know how it is.

Since everyone is doing the look back in 2004 here is a quick run down.

Movies: Fahrenheit 9/11 and The Passion of the Christ made lots of people pissed about movies.

Spiderman 2 and the incredible made truck loads of money.

Ben Affleck's career officially died.

Books:

Jon Stewart's Mock history book and the 9/11 commission report became unlikely best sellers.

Big Stories

President Bush won four more years, and plans to spend flex his muscles now that he has a lot more people on his side. Tons of people are going to move to Canada now because of the out come of the election which is great news, because there will be less people applying for the same jobs!

Anyway, the election was a fun and heated ride. Blue State, Red State, Swift Boats, Flip-Floopers, fake CBS documents, Michael Moore, "Moral Values (can someone explain to me how all those reality shows about marrying strangers are so high rated if Americans cherish marriage so much?), MIA WMD's, windsurfing, mispronouncing words, and those crazy debates.

4 Hurricanes with in a few weeks slam Florida.

Sports

Smarty almost won the triple crown, T.O. came to town, Veteran's Stadium fell, The PHillies sucked, The Flyers were oh so close and then the NHL died. The Sixers, ah who cares?

Famous People who died:



Marlon Brando
Ronald Reagan
Christopher Reeve
Rodney Dangerfield
Reggie White


IN

Bush Bashing
Blogs
ABC
I-Pods
Lost and Desperate Housewives (and I'm sure other shows I never watch).
Lasers
Cicadas
facial hair on crew members
Low Carbs
Being Gay
PA Slots

Out
carbs
Sex and the City, Frasier and Friends
hockey
Dan Rather
NBC
The Tempo

Annoying Stuff:

Ashlee Simpson: She's just awful everything about her.

The Village: I want my money back, this movie was so goofy and stupid.

Paris Hilton: Shes ugly, talentless and annoying.

The Cell Phone Ban: Only because I feel like I am the only idiot actually using my "hands free mode".

Modest Mouse: I bought the CD, they are okay, I guess.

Scott Peterson: Can someone please tell me one reason why I should care about this case? Its awful and all, but I am sure that stuff happens to other people. You would have thought this guy was the President's son or something. Am I the only person who could give a damn?

Delaware River Oil Spill:
Don't we have radar equipment that can pick up giant pieces of jagged metal in rivers yet? We can send robots to Mars, but we can't can figure out if there is stuff in our rivers that can rip open holes in boats.

Comcast's Bitching:

They really want a giant sky rise in Center City Philly. Well there are close two 200 vacant office floors in Center City right now, because companys are bailing because of the high taxes. So, why do they feel PHilly needs another skyrise? Oh, and they want lots of tax breaks on the building, and plan to raise cable rates.


The NHL lockout:

note from the FCC, the notes regarding those involved in the hockey lockout have been deemed. "indecent" they writer is bound and gagged in and undisclosed location.





No comments: