Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Tuckers World: The Movie Casting Call

So for no good reason I decided to cast the movie of Tucker's World if they ever made one. Now keep in mind some of the actors don't really look exactly like the parts they are playing,but I just think these actors can nail the parts.

Me= Ben Stiller, since everyone says I look like him. People even say I act like him whatever that means. My backup would be John Cusuack.


Liza= I had Chirstina Ricci or Clarie Danes for her. This had nothing to do with the huge crush I had on Ricci for like two years. However, Liza pointed out the actress Holly Marie Combs who plays Piper on Charmed would be really good at playing her. I watched about 5 minutes of the show and agreed. Something about the way she carries herself. She would make a good Liza.


Drew= Phillip Seymor Hoffman, can't you just picture him sitting there smoking a cigarette bitching about Bush, or talking about movies. I can see him with a shaved head, a beard and a flannel shirt and just disappearing into the roll of Drew.

Jay= Steve Zahn who was in Saving Silverman, and That Thing You Do. Zahn can play Jay well of course there will be lots of scenes with Jay talking about young girls, and showing people pictures of his penis. I think Zahn can handle the role of Jay, and if there is any serious scenes Zahn has proven that he can tone it down in movies like Shattered Glass.

Jenna= Well I was really racking my brain for this one. Then I flipped past a rerun of Cheers. Now I think Kristy Alley would make a perfect Jenna. The only thing is she is getting up there now and all the tabloids say she is really fat now. I really don't see why the are making such a big deal about it since I have seen much fatter. Anyway, as far as personality Alley's Cheers performance was a close as I could come. Any re-casting from my readers would be welcome.

Dan: Sean Connery. Okay, I realize that its totally insane to have Ben Stiller and Sean Connery playing friends who grew up together. Just picture Connery saying lines like "I have 5 Computers, at home, I make 6 figures, and I can't wait to die!". No one else can play this part. IT would be really off the wall, but it will be great.

Price: I think Jaquin Phoenix can nail Price. There is a vauge look that the both share and I think Phoenix might have some comic talents he hasn't really used yet. Maybe a bit like the part he played in Signs. Plus he could pull off being a solider if there were scenes of him at war. My close 2nd went to Matt Damon since he played soilder twice. Some of his parts remined me of Price a bit. Plus Price was always the lady's man of the crew so why not?

Aileen (I am sure I spelled that wrong).
She would be played by Natlie Portman. She can play her being all funny and sweet.


Brant: Okay, I know he looks nothing like Brant. But, I would cast Bernie Mac as Brant. Okay, yes again theres any age gap. However, just picture him trading stocks, hanging out with North JErsey people and grilling stuff through out the movie. Plus they both tell stories in the same fashion only no offense to Brant, Bernic Mac is a lot funnier.

Rick: Steve Buscemi I dunno we always said he could play Rick. Busemi has played the good guy in movies like Ghost World.

Rob: Jason Biggs, yeah why not. Biggs could play drunk Rob great. Not to mention him and Zahn have worked together before so they could play off each other well.

Rich: Tom Welling, I may have the name wrong, but the dude who plays Superman on Smallville.

Kate: Parker Posey

Chris: BD Wong

Harry: Hill Harper who stars on CSI NYC, and he also was on the short lived show The Handler (sniff, sniff). If you never watched either of those shows he played a doctor on the Sopranos last season in the episode where everyone thought Tony got a blow job from Christopher's girlfriend.

Tom: Conan O'brien. Tom is tall. His hair is reddish. He would show up randomly in the film and it would be great.

Ryan: Who?

Reagan: Satan. I think the prince of darkness could really capture the true colors of this character. Oh, I am not talking about the late President here.

Mosco: Billy Crystal. Okay Billy Crystal 10 years ago. He is always talking about dating and relationships. Reminds me of him in the younger roles. IF not maybe a slimed down Kevin James (King of QUeens) his hair dyed black.

Duke: Well it has recently came to my attention that the lead singer of Moron 5 looks like Duke. He kind of does with short hair. Maybe he would like to act. I kicked around the thought of casting Hayden Christensen after seeing Shattered Glass. Duke is prone to fits of rage and maybe he can do that justice. Granted this guy is a fairly lousy actor at least he was Attack of the Clones. That stupid fake cry he did after he murdered the little sand guys. "I Killed them, I kille d them all". NOw just picture him sitting on the floor same voice, but saying It is the lowest point of his life.

Royce: God, help me. I can't cast this one at all. Can someone help here

Ghost of William Penn Who only Keith Can See: Adam West of course.

That Dude that I don't know who reads my blog: Joe Don Baker, so everyone on the set can yell MITCHELL! in between takes. I imagine only 3 people got that joke. Maybe two.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Most of these are really good. For Royce, I would definitely go with Donal Logue. No brainer. I haven't actually seen much of his work, but he frequently does commentaries on VH1's "I Love the x0s" shows. He can do it. He might beed a wig, though.

For Duke, I would go with Christopher Eccleston. Yeah, I know, I'm just picking him so I can work in a reference to the upcoming Doctor Who series. But seriously, he looks a little like Jamie, and he can pull it off. There's a touch of darkness to Jamie's character that Eccleston woulc be able to bring out quite nicely.

We've gotta do better than Kirstie Alley for Jenna. We've just got to. What the hell, how about Renee Zellweger? Dye the hair, of course.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to be played by a black man. That is great. I'm not offended. After all, he is a professional comedian. He really should be funnier than I am.

Brant

Anonymous said...

Keith, do want have the ultimate hardon for Jamie? You practically fellate him in your blogs.

Jenna said...

Thank you Drew, I would rather not be played by Kirsty Alley. Not that I really have any suggestions for myself, but I think that Jay looks like Joseph Fiennes. I am not sure that he would do well as Jay.

keith said...

Um, I talked about how Duke cried like a little girl. I dont really see how that is kissing up to him. I think the guy who picked to play him was awful in Star Wars. Again I really dont know what the deal is with that.

I dont know who your suggestion to play Jay is Jenna. What movies has he done?

Jenna said...

He was in Shakespeare in Love, Enemy At the Gate, and Elizabeth. He has been in more but these are the ones I think you would have heard of. He is also Ralph Fiennes brother, who was in Red Dragon, and Maid in Manhattan.

Anonymous said...

My name is spelled Regan.


-Satan

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John said...

Billy Crystal...bah. I say I should be played by Ben Affleck or the thin Jon Favreau from Swingers. Or Fabio.

I also would like to say that I haven't seen Regan in years, but I have seen pictures of Satan. I am not sure she resembles the 30 year old Czeck. With only 57 points in 82 games last year and the striking NHL, I'm sure he'll make time to star.

keith said...

Satan clearly has nothing better to do with his time.

Anonymous said...

Kate's suggestions...

For Royce, I suggest Jeff Bridges as The Dude as Royce.

For Rich, the Verizon Guy.

For Drew, Paul Giamatti.

For Mosco, I can't help it, but Samm Levine. Maybe I just want to give work to Freaks and Geeks alumni. Maybe I just see that Christmas sweater. Apologies in advance.

Parker Posey?! I'm honored. She's one crazy lady. Though, cartoon Velma is also a probable candidate. Unfortunately, I've never been likened to Miss Posey, only that annoying woman from Gilmore Girls.

Rob said...

Brant: This one's a total no brainer. Brendan Gleeson. Hamish from Braveheart. Big. Red.

Me: Ben Kingsley or maybe Ian McShane. Why? We need someone who can be mildly pretentious and mischievous and a brilliant asshole when drunk.

Michelle: Meg Ryan, but the Meg Ryan from Joe Versus the Volcano or Hurly Burly.

Drew: Alan Rickman. Smart but debauched.

Ryan: Here's an easy on to cast: Richard Lewis or Paul Reiser

Chris: Antonio Banderas as good ol' long haired Chris. El Mariachi. Who else?

Rich: Tom Hanks. Usually laid back, but has incredible freak outs. And their heads are shaped the same.

Duke: Clive Owen. Tall, dark, and eyebrows.

Jay: Jay Mohr. Both are funny especially when they shouldn't be.

Jenna: Helena Bonham Carter. They don't look alike, but the attitude is right.

Hunter: Patrick McGoohan. Think Stewie from The Family Guy, only funnier and more maniacal.

Anonymous said...

funny that you mention that, Rob. I went to a holloween party as Hamish. It was great. Blue face paint, kilt, and all. I have pictures somewhere. I'll forward one to you.

Brant

keith said...

Kate.

That was my 2nd choice for Drew.

I also had Sean Astin for Rich.
Tom Hanks, never thought of that, but thats not too bad either.

Anonymous said...

So when you're in the mood for some fisher price little people farm , please do check out the potential of Being Short Sucks . com ! Let us know what you think