Monday, February 21, 2005

"For Love or For Money?"

I don't have the link for it. In all fairness I guess I don't know all "the facts". I know I also shouldn't be laughing everytime I see this.

However, I am sure you have heard about the guy who is sueing the Eagles.

Apprently the man was doing work for a company hired by the Eagles to shovel snow off the seats during the "Monster Storm" right before the Eagles game. He said he just LOVED the Eagles so much that he was honored to shovel snow so Eagles fans could enjoy them game. He just loves those IGGLES.

However, the man perhaps was so excited over shoveling snow for his football team that he left his gloves at home. The company was nice enough to provide him with a shovel, but they didn't give him any gloves. Now he is sueing the Eagles, because he is losing a bunch of his fingers due to frost bite he got for having his hands exposed in dangerously cold weather.

You would have thought that after feeling left his hands, or some one said.

"Dude your hands are all discolored"

He might have left or something. I mean I am sure everyone was like (all day long).

"Dude, no gloves? What are you crazy?"

His response? Perhaps.

"Yeah, man CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZY ABOUT THE BIRDS! Lets Go Eagles!"

Very, bizzare. Why the hell would you have left the house with out gloves in the first place? If he showed up in sunglasses, shorts and sandals could he still sue? I mean I think the Eagles just assumed people would just dress. I don't like it was one of the biggest winter storms to hit Philly in years. Perhaps, I don't know. Like it is the dead of winter.

I also heard he was out there for around 30 hours. Now I guess they worked really hard, but I can't imagine he was out there that long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God damnit Keith I was going to post about this and it would have been better.

Here are the facts, he has not sued yet but he is thinking about it. And he was not just suing he Eagles, he was going to sue the subcontractors that actually did the shoveling. He either volunteered or got payed for the day. He did shovel for all day and stayed around to watch the game which amounted to a grand total of 30 straight hours outside without gloves. At one point his hands started to bleed and he still did nothing about it. He is going to get 8 of his fingers amputated, I am not sure at what point but eigt of his fingers will be drastically shorter.

My favorite quote from his press conference: "They didn't offer me gloves or hot cocoa or anything."

This guy is a moron and it is his own damn fault. I can understand being a fan and wanting to help them out, but c'mon dude use some common fucking sense. I hope that he does not sue because I do not think that he has much of a case, but what do I know. I really hope that hedoes ot win.

J

keith said...

If you see the footage of the press conference it is almost like a skit from MAD TV or SNL.

That guy just LOVES his football team. Maybe the Eagles PR will just name him fan of the year and be done with it.

Unknown said...

I'm with Jay. Given that this information is coming from his own press conference, it sounds like he has no case, precisely because it was his own fault.

Although, it might depend on the circumstances. Who knows? Maybe labor regulations apply for some reason. I kinda hope he does sue, just so we can see how it plays out.

Although it seems strange that he's holding a press conference when he evidently hasn't decided whether or not to sue.

keith said...

Perhaps he figured by getting on TV maybe someone will feel sorry for him and reach out with a helping hand.

Drew, is a strange case. He is up to something I just can't put my finger on it.

::cough, cough:::