Monday, August 28, 2006

"4 Years None the Richer"

Last week was actually the 4th anniversary of Tucker's World. That is just totally amazing. 4 years is a long time.

When I first started writing this, I was still in college, and working at the Outlet with Tom and Ed.

Just thinking back on all that has come and gone since than it really makes it seem like a longer. This summer 4 years ago I was going out to the bars almost everyone's with Jenna who also worked at the outlet. Now she has started a family and I am sure that seems like decades ago to her. Thankfully Tom and Ed have moved on too.

With in the last 4 years of writing this, we went to war in which two of my friends served and made it back thankfully. I went through several different jobs before finding one I actually like after finishing college.

I had long term relationship come and go. Lost and uncle, and a good friend at work. In fact most of the readers are my friend who have all had their ups and downs in the last four years from getting married, to losing a loved one. But I guess that is life.

All the old articles are still here, which is strange to go back and read when I am still in college, and all the random things that I wrote about. I never thought it would last a few months considering I usually don't commit to anything.

There was stuff I shouldn't have written over the years, and at the same time there is stuff that maybe I should have written. I think my blog if by accident at least served a bigger purpose at some points. Linking friends overseas back home to a poorly written but humble blog debating everyday life and current events in addition to random silly stories, or links to time wasting websites.

I recall when Kenny Riddle died(many of my readers went to HS with him) lots of random people that knew him but didn't know each other somehow found my blog and left comments about him, and I even got a really nice email from someone that knew him well.

I seriously, have no idea who is reading my blog most of the time, and am usually shocked to find I actually have more than two readers. Which is kind of strange, because lots of times its people I really lost touch with that randomly show up on here. Sometimes they tell me when I bump into them they read the blog. I am not going to get rich doing it, and I am certainly not going to meet any women writing it, but for the most part it has been fun. With all the change in my life over the last 4 years, it has been once of the few constants.

There is a comment starter for everyone. Think back where you were 4 years ago in the summer of 2002, and comment. I am sure a lot of people here, will be like..damn that was 4 years ago already?


I have sparked many debates on here and made many people slack off at their jobs. Sure, we never ended the Philly drought in the four years, and comcast has only gotten bigger despite my warnings of it being evil. But, at least when you write a blog and you keep living your life, and have an endless supply of current events to blog about, you will never run out of ideas. Things always be fresh and new. Now, everyone what do you put on your hotdogs?

7 comments:

Jenna said...

In the summer of 2002 I had just come home from college and was working at the outlet (where else?). It was the beginning of the end of a three year relationship for me and little did I know, I would be a mommy almost one year later...so I partied and partied damn hard!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, four years ago. The summer of 2002, I was at basic training on Sand Hill. Sadly that was the highlight of my military 'career.'

keith said...

Never thought of it that way Jenna.

I guess I shaved time off my life by damaging my liver. I actually had a pretty good drinking streak going this summer, but I dont think I came close to tying the record of having some sort of booze in the blood stearm like that summer.

Lets not forget also that it was the summer of Drewbie 2002obie.

Come on, anyone else? I am fairly sure that is the summer Jay made a point to get every sandwitch STarview had on a certain part of the menu.

I know it was Ryan's final days before he vanished.

Anonymous said...

I was still happily employed by dickhead and shitbrains and I had just got engaged. I can't believe I have been married for two years now. Crazy.

MC Whitey

Anonymous said...

Kenny's mom posted earlier today. Some how my new filter never let it come through. Luckily I get emails with the text of each comment. Here is what she wrote.


Today is Thursday, August 31, 2006. I stumbled upon this site by accident...but then again maybe not. Dr. Kenneth LeVar Riddle is my son.

As I read each comment, I continue to stand in awe of Kenneth and to to be deeply moved by his life. I miss him like crazy. He was my son, my friend, my encourager, and my pride in joy.

I bless God for allowing him to be a part of my life. Thank you for thinking enough of Dr. K to post information about him.

Our family is still in disbelief, but the strength of the Lord has sustained us. Thank you again for your kind words, your prayers, and for remembering the life of a great man of God-Dr. Kenneth LeVar Riddle.

Continue to pray for our families (LaRoda, Riddle, Brooks, Myers, GA Ministry).

Sincerely, His mom-Gail LaRoda

Anonymous said...

Although this is a week late... In Summer '02 I was studying abroad in germany, so essentially I was drinking all summer too.
I haven't caught EVERY blog on here for the last 4 years, but I stop by pretty regularly. I'm glad you've kept it going -- it can certainly bring people together, and it keeps those of us a little farther away in the loop.
-- Steve H

keith said...

yeah,I think that was the summer we met up that one night and ending up spending like close to $200 a person on our crazy night out.