Friday, September 01, 2006

"Mr. Ernesto Goes to South Jersey"

Tropical Storm Ernesto sputtered out when he hit FLorida for the most part. Although he dumped a good deal of rain on the sunshine state it was barely enough for the Floridians to bat an eye. After that the Ernesto swung out into the ocean in hopes to get his energy back, not unlike when SUperman touches those green glowing crystals to get back on his feet.

Ernesto than seeked the NC coast looking for the crew, but was weeks too late. Now Ernesto has decided to spend the holiday weekend in NJ. Despite the fact most the radar maps make it appear that we should be under our desks at work and buliding arks there has been only light steady rain throughout the day.

The worst is yet to come, and it won't be any day at the beach, unless of course you love to watch the beach to errode in front of your eyes. He might even give the Phillies the weekend off, and based on last night it might not be such a bad thing. Pouring rain is on the menu for tonight and most of tomorrow. I really don't care since I have to work half days on both Saturday and Labors day. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

See I have to work one summer holiday a year. I was off Memorial Day and the 4th which were both awesome weather wise. Thanks, Ernesto for making me feel good about my time off!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you.

MC Whitey

keith said...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=weather&id=4518859


Update on the storm. The big debate today is, what are the fighting Phils going to do? They have a double header today and lost a game last night.

Back to back double headers? Who knows because its going to be very hard to get todays first game played today. The heavy steady rain likely wont end till this evening.

Anonymous said...

Where do you work, Outback Steak House?

keith said...

um

keith said...

Yeah, that must be one of the most random questions I have ever been asked on here.

Anonymous said...

I actually was at the beach on Friday (in MD), but got the hell out after we could barely walk outside in the 40mph winds. Apparently everything flooded right after we left. Oh well. - S.H.

keith said...

Yeah, I heard Sea Isle had like 60 mph gusts. A tree randomly feel at my apartment complex. Like out of the ground roots and all. So, I guess it was worst than I would have thought.

Sorry, I didnt make it to your party Steve, but I had to work the next morning. The good thing is I don't have to work all saturdays and I have a ton of time off to take before the end of the year. So let me know when something else is going on.

Anonymous said...

How come you are covering up the strength of this storm? Is this to cover up the effects of global warming?

Where did you get your data for this? Drudge Report? FOX NEWS? Pat Robertson?

Jenna said...

I didn't think the effects of this storm was that bad.

keith said...

I agree. Although we got stronger winds than I thought.

Down the campground a few trees fell down and even one at my apartment complex. But really the damage that was done wasn't any worse than lines of thunderstorms that went through the region of the course of the summer.

THe only difference was more beach erroision and well a lot more rain.

Anonymous said...

You seem to work waiters hours, that's why I asked.

You must not work a corporate job.

keith said...

nope corporate job 8-5. I have to work a few hours a handful of saturdays a quarter. We have like 10 people work one of three summer holidays. Labor day was mine. I was in for a half day or so. I could never work with food like that.

Anonymous said...

So you had to work on Labor Day?

Sounds like a winner of a company you work for there.