Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"DC"

So, Obama takes office next week.
They are expecting a bizillion people to flood the streets of DC. I even hear that Amtracks out of philly would be shut down. My work has to reroute deliveries left and right because of utter gridlock on the highways will result in trucks being late. I dont think people are blowing this out of porportion either. I know Camden schools are shutting down because the teachers pretty much said they arent going to show up to work(god bless teachers the only people that can boss their employers around) so they are just shutting down the entire school sytem for the day.

So there are tickets for this event. Most of them I would think would go to important people and people who helped Obama raise historic amounts of money for his campaign. I guess I can understand why people want to be there.

However, I think most people are just going to be stuck in horrific traffic staring at nothing. What is there to see? Some sort of Parade, but if you arent anywhere near Obama, whats the point? Its not like he will be tossing the tax refunds out like the Joker.
Traffic is bad enough down there, but its just going to be a bunch of people at the same place.

"Kids I remember back in old twenty o nine, when I got stuck in traffic and stared at someones tail lights all day!"

They say the will have giant tv screens all over with the coverage on it. I could just watch this on the news. Honestly I dont see how I would be interested in anymore than about 10 minute of people shaking his hand and him swearing in.

Good for the people that are going, but I dont know what the 2.5 million without tickets expect to see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of this matters. The Eagles are going to the superbowl.

Jenna said...

Uhhh...wow, if the Eagles lose then it is all this anonymous dudes fault for tempting the greedmaster. And don't forget, they are the Eagles and may crap the bed...it has happened before.

Jenna said...

OH! So back to what the post was really about. Keith...ummm...Tucker, there are tons of festivities and balls that you could go to. It isn't just a big parade in freezing cold weather watching a tinted limo and secret service guys going by. Also, they said that any regular schmoe could have written to there congressman and requested tickets to the inauguration. They said that there were massive amounts of requests for them.

Unknown said...

It's no different from New Year's Eve in Times Square, except that it actually means something. I'm not going because I can't stand huge crowds and it's gonna be friggin' cold, but I think it would awesome to be there, with or without a ticket, to be a part of this extraordinary moment in our country's history.

Anonymous said...

If you guys like, I can drive down the White Horse Pike in my Plymouth wearing my shades. You can all throw rose petals at my feet and adore me as I go get breakfeast at the diner.

keith said...

I dont really recall paying any attention to when Bush was sworn in towards what they did. It felt like a life time ago.

keith said...

I just found out [Scrubs] is being taken off this week for the coverage. Now I dont want to even watch any of the coverage.