Sunday, December 08, 2002

“ What Weapons? ”


The good people of Iraq have submitted a ridiculously long document claiming they don’t have any weapons of mass destruction. Of course, the document has been written mostly in Arabic so it might be awhile before we know why exactly it takes so many pages to say we don’t have weapons.

However, if you think about it what is taking place right now it is just kind of silly. I mean the people of Iraq are leading around the weapon inspectors from place to place. I am not sure what the inspectors hope to find. Do they think that there will be a pile of anthrax sitting on the floor, and the Iraqi leading them around will simply say.
“SCREW YOUR INSPECTIONS!”, grab his crouch and laugh.
So far as far as I gather they just lead them around randomly. And ask…
“Do you see anything yet?”

“Nah, everything is in tip top shape!” says the American Inspector tapping his clip board with a pen.

My point is if they have them its not likely we will find them. I mean we could easily hide weapons of mass destruction in New Jersey to some one who didn’t know every square inch. Of course, the Iraqis could just be playing musical weapons and moving what they have in advance after inspectors leave the previous site.

I keep hearing vague claims that America has their own “evidence” if that is the case, than why are we wasting time and money doing this charade? Out of obligation to the UN perhaps? I wonder if we come up empty handed if we will still find a beef with Iraq. At least provide our evidence at this point.

Why don’t we spend more time trying to find a 9/11 link to justify leveling the country. I would feel a lot better about the potential war if concrete evidence was provided. I would hope that if there was a link we would be competent to come up with it at this point. I honestly would not at all be surprised if Iraq was a silent partner in the attack on America. However, I cannot justify war on a gut instinct.

At times it seems Bush will go to war regardless of what is found in Iraq or it there is even a link. One of the Axis’ of Evil Korea mocked us by claiming they have weapons of mass destructions. Our response as America was, “EH”.

Bush seems gung-ho for an attack on Iraq. Some think that he will just call Iraq a bunch of liars after reading the report ( I am sure he will have to read the cliff’s notes version of the document). Last, I heard he was trying to blame Iraq on the early winter snow and ice storms that gripped the east coast last week.



My last week of classes EVER starts this week so it is time to kick off the Final Days of College Week. So everyone get out your Rowan colors….uh…blue and …yellow? Ah who cares.

“We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action”--------- Frank Tibolt


“Procrastination”


I am amazed I handed only a couple of minor assignments in late in my 4.5 years of higher education. Half-assed, sloppy and careless occasionally but for the most part I got everything in before the deadline. Studying for an exam also became something I would put off till the last minute at times making the task to memorize terms more daunting in a shorter amount of time. Lame excuse after lame excuse. Just waiting for inspiration right?

As time between the initial knowledge of the deadline or exam shrank I would come out with weaker and weaker excuses to put off doing the work. Even more so the farther I got into my education. Ah. I have all day Monday! Wait just after this really funny SNL I have seen multiple times. Uh-oh time for the Flyers game 3 hours right there! I knew it was bad when I watched the E! True Hollywood Story on Jim J. Bullock.

In my Rowan years I had the chance to work with lots of other students in various other groups. It was hear that I learned that other students were worse. Many a time it was a joint procrastination (that sounded dirty) when my meeting would mostly involve deciding what food to get and where for the meeting. Sometimes only half of use would show up and just do nothing.

As much as I hated schoolwork at least it gave me something to do and taught me discipline. I actually did gain knowledge through some of it. Of course classes like Statics has since been lost and is basically useless in real life anyway. What am I going to do to with my extra time come the end of the month? Maybe I still start running. Yeah if I start running tomorrow I could be in really good shape by the summer. I could show off those huge calves on the beach. Wait..on second thought….its going to be cold tomorrow and I am busy. I will do it Tuesday.



No comments: