Wednesday, November 24, 2004

"Talking Turkey"

Well is Thanksgiving Eve, and well its time to talk about food. If you are like me there is a dish or dishes that you look forward to. Like stand clear or your face is getting knocked into the cranberry sauce. Well I am pretty happy when my aunt brings her deviled eggs. Something about them makes them a cut above any others out there. Also it might gross people out, but I also love Turkey skin. MMMM....thats where all the flavor goes. What are your favoriate dishes? Also, what about most unsual dishes or even Turkey alternates that you are having this year? Liza's family is frying a Turkey and although we are doing dinner with our own famlies she promised to save me some. If Brant is in charge of Thanksgiving this year I wonder if he might be the first one to grill the hoilday turkey. So, lets get this started loyal readers, what will you be chowing down on tomorrow?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom T said:
Oooooh, deviled eggs. We have 2 varieties at our Thanksgiving, one with horseradish and one without, because my aunt is alergic to it (go figure). But what I enjoy most is potatos, be they mashed with a pad of melty butter or filled with gravy, they are great. And hopefully some sweet potatos. Orangy goodness. Happy Tofurkey day vegetarians!

Anonymous said...

Liza Said:
I always look forward to the potato salad my mom makes, it is the best that I have ever had, its my mom's mom's recipe. I think part of the reason that im addicted to it is because its one of the few memories(she would make it specifically for me on thanksgiving) that I have of my grandmom. My mom also makes really good deviled eggs that my dad and my brother fight over each year, which is always really funny to watch

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to put this site up. I've bookmarked it and will be back to spend some more time here.

Check out my thanksgiving game related site at http://holiday-stories-and-poetry.com.

John