Monday, November 22, 2004

"Turkey Day Marathon Guide"

Well if you love to eat, and watch TV then man Thanksgiving is the day for you. I watch enough TV to know that Turkey Day is when the cable channels roll out the marathons of popular shows. I used to watch the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Annual Marathon every year back in the day. Well here is the list:


Everybody Loves Raymond: On TBS Thanksgiving starts from AT LEAST NOON on Thanksgiving lasting 8pm

Home Improvement: On TBS Black Friday starts from AT LEAST NOON will about 8pm.

Transformers: Energon: On Turkey Day, Cartoon Network 12-3.

MadTV: On Comedy Centeral pretty much Turkey Day will about 9pm. The marathon takes a break at 3pm for Wayne's World 2 for no good reason.

World Series of Poker: Noon till about 7 on ESPN. POKER, POKER, POKER

Family Ties: From early in the moring through 6pm on UPN 57 (WPSG). slice up your Turkey with the Keatons.

Aobbott and Costello Movies!: All Morning and afternoon on Turner Classic Movies. Films include Abbot and Cotello Meet the Invisible Man, and the one where they meet the Mummy. At least 6 movies will be shown.

Clark Gable Movies: Turner Classics kicks it off with Gone With the Wind followed by two more of this flicks starting at 8pm.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: From 1-7pm on BRAVO! of course on TURKEY DAY.

King of the Hill: Not sure the start time here, but at least starts at 6pm on FX and runs though at least midnight.

Check the websites of the channels I listed for more details. If you have almost no real work to do to get ready for Thanksgiving there isn't an excuse not to sit out and zone out in front of the TV. It will also prevent your family members from trying to have a conversation with you.

Oh yeah there might not be an Black Friday 1pm Flyers game (a yearly tradition that I LOVE), but you can sub it this year with the Wizards vs the Sixers live from Philly at 1pm. I think I will be watching Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor blow stuff up personally.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss MST3K's Turkey Day Marathons!! I only wish I had taped some of them. Oh well. I'll console myself with the episodes I have on DVD. That'll have to do. Maybe I'll treat myself to a little "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". [TL]

keith said...

Santa Clause Conquers the Maritans was just released on DVD. It is up there with POD PEOPLE and MITCHELL. I might have to pick up the DVD myself before the season is over. Havent seen it in like 4 years. I think it actually includes the movie uncut. I am glad Tim Burton came to his senses and decided against remaking it.


Who posted that? Do you prefer Joel or Mike on the show
/?

Anonymous said...

The guy who did the posting has left his nae and explanantion during the Echelon Mall post. He goes by TL and you do not know him.

You forgot to mention the most important thing to watch on Thanksgiving: football. It is the only thing that most people will be watching

Also why did you say "Of course" to the Queer Eye marathon on Bravo on Thanksgiving?

J

keith said...

Why? Beacause GAY=Turkey Day!

It wasn't strange typo I swear. I think I left something in my car I will be right back.

:::foot steps up the steps, out the door, down the front yard. Car starts up and zooms away:::

keith said...

yeah, well I was supposed to also say that it was something to do other than watch football.