Tuesday, December 07, 2004

"Little Parking Spots"

So I got this new job in Westmont. The surronding area is made up of some of the oldest towns in South Jersey. Its a little neat and all with the history, however everthing is insanely small. There is a Wawa down the street from my work which is plain and simple a death trap. I honestly don't see how their parking lot is remotely legal. THere is so few parking spots and the space to zoom around once you realize there are no spots is insanely small. So you have cars having to go out of their way not to hit each other if there are no spaces.

To make matters worse there is usually no room to park your car to the side of the parking lot not that stops some people despite the fact that its illegal. So, you have to make your way back on to one of the roads in order to try it again. All the businesses are like that. There is a diner a few miles down the road with like a total of 12 parking spots. I realized they were all full when I went to eat there today, and went into the neighborhood behind it which as streets that seem like that haven't be widen since horse and buggies were trotting down them.

There are some stores that look cool on the sides of the street, but there seems to be no where to ever park the car. The places that do have parking lots my place of work included have huge dips going into the parking lot. What genius ever thought it was a good idea for people to scrap their cars on their way in?

Drew when are we getting together for Peanut Butter Sandwitches and pickles?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! You're in my neck of the woods! Sorta. I live in Collingswood. If I may ask, where are you working?

That Wawa lot *is* insane. It doesn't help that McMillan's Bakery is right next door, so people often park behind Wawa to get there.

If you want something better than the Westmont Diner, go south on Cuthbert (by Wawa) and hit the Crystal Lake Diner. Or keep going on Cuthbert and turn left into Westmont Plaza and hit Nick & Joe's for some awesome pizza. I can also recommend Joe's Pizza Palace on Haddon Ave. in Colls, though parking's a bitch. [TL]

keith said...

Crystal Lake is good. I will try some of those other places. The Wawa is really a death trap.

Jenna said...

I used to work at McMillan's Bakery and I hated every second of it. We had a parking lot with 4 parking spots and it was so small that the customers had to back out of the lot onto Haddon Ave. Thats pretty dangerous if you ask me. And it is absolutely impossible to make a left onto Haddon Ave at rush hour. You have to drive around the side streets looking for a red light. That town is not fun at all.

keith said...

Yeah they brag about all these shops. Its a neat concept but I would prefer a mall with an actual parking lot then driving around and around.

Anonymous said...

My friend lives in Westmont, so I know exactly what you mean. It IS insane, everywhere in that little town really is. He actually works at that Wawa, so I know what you mean about that, also. Everytime i go in, it's a nightmare trying to get in and out of the parking lot. I'm definitely not used to that at all, since I live in Florida, and all of our parking lots are huge down here.