Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tuckers Cup Picks: The East


(1) Ottawa vs (8)Tampa

Tampa won the last cup. They won't win this one. The barely made it into the playoffs this year, and one of the weakest teams in the playoffs. They simply don't have the goal tending to GET HER DONE.

I am pretty sure these teams never played each other in the playoffs and they both game in the league the same time.

Tampa could steal a few with their scoring touchs. I expect a wide open run and gun match up here with tons of goals.

Ottawa in 6.

(2) Carolina vs (7) Montreal

Montreal has been tearing it up the last month or so and turning lots of heads. I have really been impress the way they have been playing.

However, they are no match for the Canes in a best of 7 series. Its funny everyone thought the Canes would be bad this year, than when they were good, they said it would last. Than they just missed the #1 seed in the East, and people still think they are a weak team.

It really bewilders me. This team is the real deal.

Canes in 5.


(3) New Jersey vs (6) New York Rangers

NEw Jersey was flying high at the end of the season and the Rangers sunk to depths of hell.

At anyrate Jagr and Nylander are a force to deal with. The Rangers actually have fans that will be behind them. The Devils have 3 fans. I think this series will be a huge battle with quite a few overtimes.

The Devils will prevail in 7 games.

(4) Buffalo vs (5) Flyers

Before people think I am being "negative" or "hater". Lets be realistic neither Flyers goalie is better than Buffalo's back up. So it doesn't matter who is in net.

If not for the road trip winning streak during the holidays, the Flyers would not be in the playoffs. They have shown a few moments of greatness in the 2nd half the season, but not enough to forgive the awful play.

Granted the Flyers have missed half their team, but sometimes the playoffs are a matter of w ho is still standing at the end of the spring. The Flyers are in no condition to be that team. The defense is terrible and the Scoring is hot and cold.

If the Forsberg gets hurt before the Flyers first win, it might be time to get the brooms out in Buffalo. The Flyers beat BUffalo just once all year, and can't win in Buffalo and can't kill pentalies at home.


I hope I am wrong on this one, but I although it will break my heart to see them go out in the first round. I am just trying to pick these match ups the best I can. I will be Flyered up, but I have almost zero confidence in this team, and you get the impression that most the players are down on themselves right now after a month and half of poor play. NOt to mention they have not won back to back games in a month, and have a bad record against playoff teams.

I think Philly could win one game, but it will likely be a one goal game.
Buffalo in 5.

No comments: