Saturday, October 14, 2006

"Scary Movie Night: Oct 21"

Scary Movie Night will take place on Saturday October 21st at my apartment. I am thinking 8ish. The idea is pretty simple we sit at my apartment and two back 2 back scary movies. I am trying to get them off of Netflix as soon as i can. But I might need help from one of my netflix buddies for the 3rd opition I have planned. I figure we would have 3 to pick our two from. Honestly, I wanted to go with a bolder move and choice supposed scary movies that I have never seen. Which could end up in another nightwatch night. But anway here are the options. Why don't you rank them, since there is a good chance I won't get one in time from my netflix cycle for Saturday. At least not without the aid of a netflix buddy.

In addition to the movies, Rick should be bringing his pumpkin beer.

1.
The Changeling
Director Peter Medak's haunted-house tale stands as one of the most chilling stories to make it to the big screen. When composer John Russell (George C. Scott) loses his wife and daughter in a car wreck, he seeks solace by renting a secluded estate outside Seattle. But the mansion is haunted by the presence of a child who died there more than 80 years ago. Now, Russell must find out who that child was, and why there seems to be a cover-up now.


2.Ghost Story
Four New England octogenarians -- the self-styled "Chowder Society" -- have harbored a terrible secret for half a century. But their Pandora's box of subterfuge is about to have the lid ripped off. Starring Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, Douglas Fairbanks Jr. and John Houseman, this modern ghost story packs chills and indelible performances from a clutch of Hollywood valedictorians.

3. Dawn of the Dead
Picking up where Night of the Living Dead left off, this classic horror flick from director George Romero begins with zombies taking over every major city in the United States. Running for their lives, Peter (Ken Foree), Roger (Scott Reiniger), Stephen (David Emge) and Frances (Gaylen Ross) find refuge in a remote shopping mall, only to discover they must fight a motorcycle gang as well as the undead ghouls.


The last one is the original from the 70's, and yeah its sequel but I'm sure it doesn't matter much. It has zombies.

Anyway, thanks for everyone that came out last night to Sharkeys. Thanks big time to sara for all the shots. Happy Birthday by the way. Of course she doesn't read my blog, so...

ps... It's going to be spooooooooooooooooooooooky!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

My choices would be The Changling and Dawn of the Dead (b/c I know that one would make Jay happy). You need a better description of the other one. I actually started watching the Changling by myself once but I was really creeped out I couldn't watch it.

keith said...

I read nothing, but good things aobut the CChangling. I had never heard of it before.

Here is the IMDB summary of Ghost Story.

Four successful elderly gentlemen, members of the Chowder Society, share a gruesome, 50-year old secret. When one of Edward Wanderley's twin sons dies in a bizarre accident, the group begins to see a pattern of frightening events developing.

I am leaning towards those two anyway. But I plan to watch this one at some point before 10/31.

There are some on DEMAND too but, nothing really that grabbed me. I want to at least give this movies a chance before we start going MST3K on them.

I take it your getting a sister for that night Jenna. If not we can always slip some pumpkin ale in Hunters drink so he doesn't have bad dreams starring George C. Scott later in the night.